Log on teamspeak to organize games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log on teamspeak to organize games

Until our Arma2 admin team gets the TG servers on... anyone interested in either running some local (small) games or hopping on an empty server should log on to teamspeak so we can organize some play. There are plenty of servers out there just waiting for us to hop on and crash them.

Those of you new here, this is a good opportunity to read up on teamspeak and get yourself set up. You'll need it down the road.

Re: Log on teamspeak to organize games

Yeh. We do everyday man. lol. Go on Nner's server. Search "ArmA 2 TvT Central" Gotta get it populated. ;)

Comment

I'm actually interested in coop games, but thanks.

Comment

ewww Co-op. I donno man. But I think that TG will be doing more TvT than co-op. Cuz if more co-op. That forces me to go back to PR. Sorry. But I'm not a fanboy of fighting against Computer Intelligence...

Comment

TG's ArmA (I) community has experience with both, but mostly coop. This is at least partly due to ArmA I's limitations on TvT play. ArmA2 may change that, or it may not. Either way I prefer to introduce myself to this game through coop.

Comment

I see. I see. But when we played TvT the other day. was amazing

Comment

Most missions creaed for TG with Arma where coop, some had a few player controlled units, but the majority was AI. Arma isnt like PR and the TvT isnt as good in arma, I dont know what it is like in arma 2 but I dont think that much will have changed.

Although that being said TvT with the right people and missions can be fun. Just dont expect TG to convert to nothing but TvT some of us do like coop

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Actually the TvT in ArmA 2 is about one hundred thousand times better than ArmA but it only works if it is objective or team based, domination/evolution don't work with TvT. I only run aas40 maps on my server but I'll be taking it down once the TG servers come up since it was only a temporary thing for people to play on until the TG servers launched anyway. The TG servers were always one server for Coop and one for TvT so whatever floats your boat you can have your cake and eat it too! It's hard to do any Coop right now because it's hard to get anyone organized to do it. Also I work nights so I can't be on usually after 8 PM Central, when everyone is playing.

Some reasons why TvT is better in ArmA 2: You can reload while moving, you can dive into prone, camo is much better, controls have been streamlined, and there's some more as well that I can't think of at the moment.

Comment

Sorry PC,

But you cannot expect a upgraded battlefield game from Arma. Arma has been a coop oriented game. And its engine truly shines with its flexibility of manipulating AI characters to challenge humans.

But we have genius mission makers with interesting TVT missions that gets played from time to time.

Please experience how TG plays Coop first and then decide if you wanna jump back to PR and wait for OFP2 or stick around.

Comment

Great games last night for those of you who showed up - once we found a Dom server to take over (I think it was A53 somthingorother) we had a very nice side mission effort!

Comment

Agreed. Kept me up much too late but was a lot of fun. Props go out to our chopper pilot (pun) and the leaders.

Hoping for more of the same and hopefully better ping when TG opens up the server.

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post

Although that being said TvT with the right people and missions can be fun. Just dont expect TG to convert to nothing but TvT some of us do like coop
                        I think AA hit the nail on the head. Anyone remember Obregon Gap? This was a -wac- mission authored by Beta that tasked teams with capturing or defending Obregon. The secondary target was to blow the bridge. I remember a handful of times playing this with 20+ players. Once with about 40 players mixed between TG and ST personnel. (ARMA2 repeat Beta ? pls!!) That was t v t at it's finest. Many many other times I've seen t v t missions degrade to snipe fests that were not fun in design or in delivery.

So-to sum up.. objective based t v t missions--where the objective is not total kills. And -- Officially--Co op is the primary focus of the ARMA servers. This may evolve into something different in time.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Solution#1: No weapons with any optics of any kind used in the game. On ALL sides. Just in case some clever fellow might pick it up to use the PSO for example.

Solution#2: Run a script to have each soldier type to only use certain weapons. But this solution is not really advisable unless the script itself is really clean and streamlined.

Solution#3: Any & All leaders of respective units enforces the rule set in game.
                          Ask them to revert to the roles/slots they chose, order them, if all fails, shoot him dead.
                          Ask the admin to kick him/her/Knobhead.

Solution#4: Admins enforces the rules/law. Admin says goes. "Admin way or the highway"

Man, I really should stop posting stuff for now. My moods gone from "I'll deal with it" to "Death to all" in a nanosecond. Thanks due to my significant other.

*walks to the cool off room*

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X