LAG! Is it normal..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAG! Is it normal..

Okay i read the unofficial will my pc run this thread,but that didnt help. I know my pc will run this.I should be able to run everything on very high which most things are on just high for me At the moment. Im wondering if i should be seeing lag when im shooting at someone through my scope sometimes they bounce across the screen in front of where im aiming? Is this normal for some people? Here are my specs. im sure its not my settings.

intel i7-920 2.66 ghz 8m lga
    1 tb sata 2 3.0 gb 7200 rpm hd
    6 gb ddr3 pc3 pc133
    asetek 120mm watercooler
    120mm case fan
    msi x58 platinum sli crossfire intel
    samsung 20x dvdrw
    16xdvd/52x32x52 cdrw combo
    coolermaster 590 case
    ultra cyberpower 800w power supply
    vista home premium 64 bit
    and an ati 4870 pci-e 16x 1 gb ddr5 video card..

Re: LAG! Is it normal..

Are you having problem in multiplayer or singleplayer? In multiplayer it could just as well be desync that's the issue, but if the problems are in singleplayer it's time to get the fixing-kit out.

Comment

multiplayer..... and its not all the time im just wondering if its a common thing.

Comment

I haven't played much ArmA2 in multiplayer yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a slightly overloaded server that has trouble keeping up with everything, so it causes some desync.

You could always keep an eye out for if someone is currently connecting or disconnecting to the server around the time you get the lag. That's a common source of desync (server has to transfer lots of data to a new person connecting, and if someone's game crashed the server can get a bit of a hiccup when trying to establish a connection)

Comment

You may be lagging when someone connects to the server, if they have any custom faces or sounds then everyone on the server has to download them, causing de-sync as some people download quicker than others.

Comment

that was a common bug on ARMA and in OFP I read somewhere. ACE seemed to erase it for me so...I don't have ARMA 2 yet though.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I've never seen a character move smoothly during MP in ArmA 1 or 2. And it's worse the further away they are. I thought it was the same for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by chaka View Post
                I've never seen a character move smoothly during MP in ArmA 1 or 2. And it's worse the further away they are. I thought it was the same for everyone.
                Could be a bandwidth issue?

Comment

in arma 1/ ace ai would always do that, i've seen it a lot in arma 2 too. I blame it on the poor choice of using ofp netcode still.

Comment

It is probably your network.
                    [

Comment

What i've seen up to now is desync. I know this because my connection is rock solid and the server is most likely powerful enough to host. Desync is caused by bugs in maps. Maps that are fairly new can cause this.

Comment

desync can also be caused by players joining in progress, especially if they have custom add ons, like faces.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yeah, there is quite some desync in Arma 2.
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X