Server settings suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server settings suggestions

First of all, I would like to say that TG Admins have done an immense job of getting the server online in such a short time.

For the new server, new chapter of ArmAII in TG. Would it be possible to consider these settings?

Custom faces = Off
    - related to game hacking
    - players getting game crashes due to improperly made face textures

Custom sounds = Off
    - For smoother performance of server
    - No more downloading each players custom sounds
    - No more lag spikes caused by JIPs or minimum.

Also what is the current server config set at regular mode and Veteran mode?

i.e. Veteran mode setting example
    These are the skills. Value may range from 0.000000 to 1.000000
    skillFriendly=0.850000;
    skillEnemy=0.850000;
    precisionFriendly=0.850000;
    precisionEnemy=0.850000;

Can we change the "skillEnemy" to 0.950000 and lower the "precisionEnemy" to 0.750000?
    As you gents are aware, skillEnemy is Enemy tactics skill. Where as precisionEnemy is Enemy shooting precision.

By raising their skill value, we are enabling them to be more aggressive and maximising their skill sets in game. AI's are sometimes too 'dumb' to react even at Vet settings.

By changing these values we can have an AI settings that allows them to be maxed at their tactics yet (maxed out would be ideal) with dispersion of their accuracy.
    Therefore reaching the ideal balance between ArmAII AIs vs Players.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: Server settings suggestions

I agree with Lowspeed.
    [

Comment

Consider it considered! ;)
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

the idea of having smarter AI but not having them snipe with an AK 1000m away sounds great, almost too good to be true :)

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
          Consider it considered! ;)
          Very much appreciated BD.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

gotta have the custom faces!! i look like BRUCE WILLIS right now. whats cooler then going to a fire fight looking like Bruce Willis???
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I understand your point, Viper1986. I too like to apply the new "maybe its maybelline" on my face to match the color of the map/AO.

However, would you rather have your game ruined by some hacker intently focused on ruining our server (our precious time essentially) or the all american hero (for the cool factor and ID purposes)?

Personally, I'd rather get myself familiarized with peoples voices via TS or hopefully soon in-game VOIP for ID.

Also, you can use the ingames hundreds of custom camo faces without having to resort to uber personalized faces.
              Like here; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75482

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                gotta have the custom faces!! i look like BRUCE WILLIS right now. whats cooler then going to a fire fight looking like Bruce Willis???
                Going to a firefight with a pink shirt on.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                The BigC

Comment

I have to agree with the bit about custom faces -- despite having loved my Spidey outfit in the past, having to load up each player's custom content bogs down the server and is responsible for a lot of the desync we've experienced.

Comment

tbh custom faces dont mater to me but sound mods do....c'mon the default sounds in ArmA 2 are horrid

Comment

Originally posted by DXfan01 View Post
                      tbh custom faces dont mater to me but sound mods do....c'mon the default sounds in ArmA 2 are horrid
                      I think that custom sounds, are those irritating sounds that some people play instead of arma default "roger" or "contact" (for example), and that sound addons will keep working.
                      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

by custom sounds he means the random music or funny sayings people use. Not sound mods.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

If we really want to hear Flight of the Valkyries during a Huey run, pump it through your mic like Grambo!

Comment

I was just joking around with the custom faces. It makes no difference to me if i have one or not. I have seen in the past a custom face completely bring the server to a halt.

I wonder if having the server loaded with custom faces makes it less likely to lag. My understanding is if a server is loaded with a mod it runs better then having individual players have the custom face and having others to load it. Not sure how it works exactly but maybe someone could shed some light on this.

I currently am using a custom face that is in ArmA2. It's just unlocked through a mod. Not sure of this impact by i know using a REAL custom face like the Bruce Willis face can cause some damage to a server.
                            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Yeah, I though it meant sound mods too until y'all mentioned. I agree that this should be implemented. I can easily live without seeing faces that I can hardly see anyway and hearing silly things if it means lag and especially desync will be reduced.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X