We are Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are Green

Message from MK. Green Label formely known as TG. Barnaby.

Hopefully not another false dawn as I really did injoy my ArmA days here.

I now spend most of my gaming hours with a EURO group [GREEN LABELS]
    I've been banging on about how enjoyable arma is and as we are a tactical play group we should take the game up.

Well quite a few of us used to play it and 6 or so just now have got the arma 2 version of the game and are really enjoying it.

Once we have honed our arma skills a little more we'd like to join in with you guys but as a squad under comand of the lead commander but tatical decisions made by our Green sqd lead. We would expect to be given a specific job to do ie attack left flank, sniper and recon, quick reaction - hit & run etc.

It will be a little while yet because we are only 2 weeks into it but the tactical and arma skills are building.

I think I read you were running ACE so we'll need to add that first, and have a read up about it.
    Just a question here adding ACE won't kill us on other servers will it????

Anyways if that's going to be ok I'll be back in touch a little down the road or we might make it sooner and learn the hard way in battle at the front.
    GO GREEN GO.

I think we would average about 5-6 a sqd each time with the sqd being made up from UK - USSR - ERUO LAND - SA etc so that probably means a time slot of 19.00 hrs - 02.00 hrs GMT. Time slots at weekend are a bit more flexible as I remember that was always a difficulty for me when playing here previously.

I see there are still a few names I remember from the arma days.

Let the battle commence ......................

Regards

MK. Green Label aka Barnaby
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: We are Green

It looks like ACE is only for ARMA and not ARMA 2 is that correct.

However where do I find on the forums what if any addons, mods, patches etc I need to join the TG server or is it just bog standard.

Thanks
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ACE is for ArmA. There is an upcoming ACE for ArmA 2 but it's a work in progress at the moment. As far as I know, we are just running the latest BI patch (haven't found a copy yet myself).

-BoD
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Barnaby I remember you. A lot of squads play here. But they playing together in a squad in mission is rare. You will see what I mean once you are in game.

Comment

ACE is for ArmA. ACE2 (not yet released) is for ArmA2. And well, joining any non-ACE server with ACE enabled will mean the server admins will want to kill you :P

Comment

Barnaby Hi,

Good to see you back. There are many players fom other groups that play here and they are welcome. However we encourage everyone to mix in together as we dont want to see individual groups coming onto the TG servers and all sticking together, that's simply not what TG is all about. If you all want to play together then you have your own server for that and we certainly do not allow the promotion of any other squad/group outside of TG.

Thanks
            BD1
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Of course that doesn't mean we'd necessarily break you up if you all came en masse. There just has to be integration. My suggestion is to have your mates give it a go with the expectation that they'll be mixing and mingling. They may feel TG doesn't "get it"...but as you know...we "get it" more than most. Can't wait to see you on Charnarus Barn. Always a pleasure hugging the same ground as you.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yeah cheers gents I was suggesting the Green sqd thing so as to cover our little short comings with it being easier to communicate with each other on the which key does what basis.

We are trying to learn just yet and we are doing that together so it was a natural extension of that.
                But I know when I first tried arma with you gents u took good care of me so no probs.
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Barnaby, it would be a great pleasure to see you back on a TG server again!

Comment

A Blast from the past... Barnaby! Good to hear from ya..and hope to catch ya in game...!!
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                      Yeah cheers gents I was suggesting the Green sqd thing so as to cover our little short comings with it being easier to communicate with each other on the which key does what basis.

We are trying to learn just yet and we are doing that together so it was a natural extension of that.
                      But I know when I first tried arma with you gents u took good care of me so no probs.

Barn, ARMA 2 is bringing new players in out of the woodwork. You won't be the only one looking for help and tips and you know how TG operates. We always love to help out a fellow soldier.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed