Track IR 5 anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track IR 5 anyone?

I've just order this unit. I was just wondering if anyone else has the previous version or this version and how it helps with your gaming experience. i'll post a write up once i have it in hand and have played with it a bit. feel free to add your experience if you've used it. i'll copy/paste your input to a review thead on the product at a later date.

Re: Track IR 5 anyone?

Just got mine today. I love it, feels so natural, and it helps immensely when flying.

Comment

I've been using Trackir 4 for years and absolutely love it. I'm getting Trackir5 soon. They're great for flight sims, really gives you the edge in a dogfight. For ArmA they're awesome too, but I disable zoom to make it more stable otherwise you'll be zooming in everytime you turn your head. Good buy.

Comment

Quite tempting bit of amazing tech. But a new Nikon D90 is sexier.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I saw a good review from a first-time user on the NaturalPoint forums recently, you can read it here if interested:
          First time user review

I think it pretty much goes without saying that I'm a fan of them. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
            Quite tempting bit of amazing tech. But a new Nikon D90 is sexier.
            Man, you said it. I have been talking myself out of a D90 for a while, but I still keep going and fondling it at BestBuy. That and saving money for the downpayment on a house.

But the TrackIR will probably come before the camera. I would use that almost everyday.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Looking into a Nikon D90 myself aswell. Damn that little piece of tech-sex is expensive :(

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

I have the TrackIR5, haven't used in anything but ArmA, it defiantly adds another layer of realism to the game. I disabled zoom as well, didn't care for it, but gotta love the incremental lean! On a side note, first time i used it i got a little carried away and almost knocked over my d700, so keep the digital cameras somewhere safe :p

Comment

I've had the Track 4 for a couple-three years now. I dl'd the Track 5 software. Works great.
                  If I can suggest, make fat dead zone for z axis and make y axis (lean) digital like, with a limit, otherwise you'll keep leaning till you fold in half.
                  Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
                  Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
                  Nvidia GTX 285
                  Creative Xfi pro gamer
                  8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Comment

I got a TIR5 recently and have loved it ever since. I mainly use it for ArmA, ArmA2, and IL-2. It's pretty much made me go from a magnet for those concrete trees to a fairly competent pilot.

And in IL-2, I really can't imagine playing without it. The ability to follow an enemy plane with your head as you move your own plane in to engage it with your hands is, for lack of a better word, awesome. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Have had it for a while. It's amazing man :P

Comment

http://www.gogamer.com/TrackIR-5-wit...VVviewprod.htm

sweet deal if you aren't already hooked up with the retail game.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

bought a trackir 5 for arma2 , and ill never regret this investement. i just love it. i left the zoom feature on with a good deadzone, i like when i wanna check something i spoted on screen and i am not sure of what i have seen, i usualy approach my head from the screen to get a beter sight and it zoom at the sametime. also when flying i found it to be realy usefull.

Pros: instinctive, precise tracking, easy to setup

cons: the pro clip as a cable, and its a bit to short for my setup

Comment

Been using a TIR4 for quite some time, and I love it. I do have trouble getting comfortable with it as an infantryman. I find myself most often having it off regardless of how I configure it when I'm on foot.

For vehicles though, there my TrackIR is my god. Flying or driving without TIR is like skating without skates.

Comment

Upgrading to TIR5 soon... TIR4 with the new software is great though.
                              “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X