Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So ArmA2 is out, but where can I find it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ArmA2 is out, but where can I find it?

Ive seen about 20 different release dates for the boxed version of ArmA2 so im kind of confused. I saw June 17 and July 7th as well as July 20th. I cant find it online at Best Buy's website or any other major retailer. I also drove out to Best Buy and Target and no one seems to have heard of it. Can someone help me out here? I also know it is on Steam but I want the cd.

Re: So ArmA2 is out, but where can I find it?

see this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75919

Comment

Gogamer.com has it on sale for $42
      I have ordered a few times from them and been happy

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yeah, gogamer is pretty solid, I got ArmA 1 from them, they ship right away.

Comment

yeah I was in Best Buy again today and they said it came out on the 7th but it was back ordered. The dude said 2-3 weeks.....

Comment

Guys, just get it thru Steam. I was concerned at the beginning, but I don't have problems with it now.

Comment

my only beef with steam is it updating things while i'm ingame.. much swearage.

Comment

I got mine through d2d (direct to drive), had Arma 1 through there and no problems. Even when I run out of activations a simple e-mail to them and they extended new activations within a couple of days.
                And there is nothing running in the background or any updating, you just dl the install file from them anf you're done.

Comment

is it worth Downloading from Steam? Or should I just ante up and purchase a dvd-rom/cd-rw drive?

I previously DL ARMA from steam and I will say I wasn't that impressed, any suggestions would be awesome.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by IronRhino73 View Post
                    my only beef with steam is it updating things while i'm ingame.. much swearage.
                    Steam always pauses it's updates when in game for me... Actually I'm not sure about 3rd party games, but I'm positive it's at least true for theirs... lol.

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart*
                    is it worth Downloading from Steam? Or should I just ante up and purchase a dvd-rom/cd-rw drive?

I previously DL ARMA from steam and I will say I wasn't that impressed, any suggestions would be awesome.
                    Yeah, they never bothered to keep the original ArmA updated. However now ArmA2 has been one of their top sellers since it was released so unlikely they'll drop support for patching. Also I'm pretty sure getting patches to steam is BIS's responsibility and this ArmA2 release is much larger than ArmA so they'll probably keep it all up to date on steam. The choice of using steam is really whether you like using steam, less I think of whether this game will be unsupported like ArmA was. I don't buy games from stores anymore except my DS games...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix[Can] View Post
                      I got mine through d2d (direct to drive), had Arma 1 through there and no problems. Even when I run out of activations a simple e-mail to them and they extended new activations within a couple of days.
                      And there is nothing running in the background or any updating, you just dl the install file from them anf you're done.
                      I got my from D2D as well. Totally happy with it. Download took a long time but I d/l on my works T1 line.. took 3 hours instead of 8.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'll wait for a sale somewhere. Either steam or boxed, if it's under $40 I'll buy it. Rather have the boxed copy but whatever is cheaper honestly.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by blibblob View Post
                          Steam always pauses it's updates when in game for me... Actually I'm not sure about 3rd party games, but I'm positive it's at least true for theirs... lol.

Yeah, they never bothered to keep the original ArmA updated. However now ArmA2 has been one of their top sellers since it was released so unlikely they'll drop support for patching. Also I'm pretty sure getting patches to steam is BIS's responsibility and this ArmA2 release is much larger than ArmA so they'll probably keep it all up to date on steam. The choice of using steam is really whether you like using steam, less I think of whether this game will be unsupported like ArmA was. I don't buy games from stores anymore except my DS games...
                          Do you need steam to be running in the backround to run arma 2? I got arma 1 off steam and you didnt need to but steam is a bit of a ***hole company IMO, downloads things automaticlly without your notification and doesn't let you do certain things unless you agree for them to be able to make certain changes to your PC.
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                            I'll wait for a sale somewhere. Either steam or boxed, if it's under $40 I'll buy it. Rather have the boxed copy but whatever is cheaper honestly.
                            Gogamer.com now has it for $41
                            http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...uctId=73295699

And they still have that really good deal with the trackIR 5 and you pretty much get the game free

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                              Do you need steam to be running in the backround to run arma 2? I got arma 1 off steam and you didnt need to but steam is a bit of a ***hole company IMO, downloads things automaticlly without your notification and doesn't let you do certain things unless you agree for them to be able to make certain changes to your PC.
                              It seems steam has to be running. If you close steam and launch the arma executable it launches steam first. Steam only uses about 11 megs of RAM and minimal CPU time though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X