Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd take the chance to introduce myself as I have ordered Arma2 with receipt expected on the 17th.

This group has intrigued me for a while as I have been looking for a way to get into the ground based tactical ops as a change from my usual flight sim addiction. I played OFP back when it first came out in 2001 and have spent many hours in WWIIOL (Battlegroundeurope). Mostly I have had an attraction to air combat simulators as these oft represent a tactical team play much better than many ground games (I tend to find they degenerate into run and gun proverbial "fragfests". With the release of Arma2, it seems there may be a ground sim that will meet my needs and tac gamer seems to interest me as a group to play with.

a few questions:
    1. after i read the must read post, what else is required to join with your group online?
    2. are there sub squads within your tac gamer group?
    3. is there any problem with my bringing some other mature gamers over from my WWIIOL air group to join up as well?

Thanks for the help - looks like a great group!

S!
    d0o0m

Re: Introduction

WWIIOL! I played that extensivley! Good to have a fellow wwiiol player on arma. To answer your questions:

1. You read, your done. As long as you apply the SOP's you can put on the tag |TG|, tg is not really a clan but a group.

2. Yes, they are called in house squads [IHS] All of them exept the Irregulars require supporting membership. Best way I can describe them is like diffrent branches of the military, Marines, Coast Gaurd, Army, ect. They all have specific rules and regulations but all report to the same 'Government'

3. It is encouraged! In my experiance WWIIOL players fit the Arma play style the best, and the more the marrier.

Tip: If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. People on teamspeak with -PF- or that are admins are more than willing to lend a helping hand.

Thank you for choosing TG.

|TG-Irr|Ghost02 -PF-
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

1. Get on Tactical Gamer Teamspeak to get to know the community a little better, get the passwords for the servers, and communicate while playing.

2. We have an In-house squad system. These squads are small factions, not independent of TG, but formed to allow groups to more closely work together to develop tactics, procedures and missions. Able to operate as individual units they are most powerful when called in to represent TG, bringing their own flavor and style into helping the community as a whole.

To browse through a few of them, click here.

3. TG encourages everyone including outside groups and clans to come enjoy the game with us. The best complement is the referral of your friends.

Hope that answers your questions.

| |

Comment

great stuff!

other Q: how and when can i find regular gameplay in Canadian Prairie timezones?
        is there a schedule posted somewhere? Or reliable TG nights?

Comment

Anytime, hop on TS and there should be people on. Schedualed events are allegedly coming soon.
          |TG|Ghost02
          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Welcome aboard guys.

One other thing-Please get a mic if you don't already have one. They add so much to the game I can't believe so many people don't have them.

See you in Charnarus
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hey nice to see some WWIIOL players here... I play since 2004... whats your in game name?

Comment

My in game name is Gophur... Wait. Where am I! Hehe. Nice to see you WWIIOLers still coming together. I've been meaning to get Arma2 may have to run to the gamestop at lunch.

Comment

Welcome Gohpur.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X