ArmA2 Patch 1.03 on its way....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA2 Patch 1.03 on its way....

The contents for the 1.03 Patch for Arma2 were revealed on the BI Forums. There are eleven identified bugs that will be corrected, but no release date yet.

BI Forum Manager Placebo and Bohemia Interactive's CEO Marek Spanel stated that Patch 1.03 will contain the following bug fixes:

• Improved airplane HUD visibility.
    • Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.
    • Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.
    • Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.
    • Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.
    • Grenade can destroy a building just by impact
    • Radio echo elimination
    • Team switch did not work when player died
    • More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
    • Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.
    • Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

Placebo did add this waiver however:

"The above will be fixed/improved as applicable and are of course subject to change in terms of inclusion in 1.03. Nor does this list mean that other fixes won't be included with 1.03", he says in his forum post. ETA is said to be: "When the patch ready."

I have to say, I am a little surprised this is all that they stated would be changed. Not a mention of the ingame VON issue??? I sincerely hope there is alot more included, for example the very annoying fact that when you type in any radio channel, unlike ArmA1, all your other keys are still active, so not only does your player move around as you type, but I also get my compass and my watch coming on and off the screen multiple times with any sentence. Mucho annoying!

Anyway, I look forward to every improvement we get, especially in performance and most importantly in getting VON working smoothly. To be honest I have no idea how they could mess up what was already a good system that simply needed a couple of extra channels!?!

Anyway...hopefully patch out soon!

BD1
    Last edited by Blackdog1; 07-17-2009, 03:47 AM.
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: ArmA2 Patch 1.03 on its way....

They're using an entirely new sound engine for ArmA 2, and in standard BIS fashion have borked it up horribly. Fix... eventually?

Comment

Fixing the VON should be on the top of their list.

Comment

Yeah, and the chat issue too... The watch and the compass are annoying, but what really worry me is what would happen if I type a word with "Z" while crouching in the middle of an enemy squad, especially with that awesome ghille suit... btw, it works, very well... last night an enemy riflemen almost stepped into my head and he didnt noticed me... awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
          Fixing the VON should be on the top of their list.
          What makes you think it isn't on the top of their list? Just because it's not listed in the changelog doesn't mean that they haven't been trying hard to resolve it. I'd give them a lot more credit than that.

As to the changelog itself, it's fairly typical for them to release a short list of changes in such a fashion, then have the actual patch include quite a number of additional fixes (included in the final changelog) that they classified as less-significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
            What makes you think it isn't on the top of their list?
            It's not unreasonable to assume. "Here's our list of what we are working on" and it's not even mentioned??? I'm surprised myself they didn't make the slightest mention of the issue or their approach to solving such a significant MP game play issue.

Your are spot on in regards to their patches usually addressing more issues than expected but the community deserves an official nod that the problem is being worked on. It's not a small issue.

With that said--I'm confused why some servers can run von with out a hitch but others can't. I bet BI is too.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

What is excatly wrong with the VON ingame then?
              I personnaly only play on the TG server, and iirc we didn't use VON in arma1 either (wait was there one in arma1?).
              personnally i really like TS and the ability to hop channels when needed, esp love the way how we use the channel command

also, would be nice if the fixed the observer seat in the huey...
              sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

VON has been observed to have stability issues when there are higher player numbers present, causing some players to crash out of the game.

We'll test it on the Bravo server and see what happens as we get higher player numbers.

While it seems unlikely that something like VON fixes that is high priority to not be mentioned in an announcement for the patch, I don't know what is typical of BI and what isn't so I guess I'll just wait and see if they address the issue.

| |

Comment

Well, that is not a 'stuff we're working on' list - it's a 'confirmed fixed' list. It makes sense to me that they would only include what they are sure will be in the patch. Of course they're working on fixing VON and plenty of other stuff, but if they aren't absolutely sure an issue will be fixed in time for 1.03 it's clearly not going to appear in the list of confirmed fixes.

Sturgis, we used VON all the time on the A1 servers! TS only became standard for command element use later on. LOL, it hasn't been THAT long since the A1 servers were shut down! :D
                  Last edited by ironpants; 07-17-2009, 05:01 PM. Reason: added smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    It's not unreasonable to assume. "Here's our list of what we are working on" and it's not even mentioned???
                    It's not their "list of things they're working on", it's a list of things that they are almost positive will be in that patch - ie, either confirmed fixed or extraordinarily close. That's very different from a list of items they're working on, and taking that list as a representation of their priorities is a can of troubled worms waiting to be opened.

Comment

I would hope the graphical glitch issues with the ATI 4800 series would be near "the top of their list".

Comment

I would hope the optimization would be AT the top of their list.

I'm talking about someone with a computer that barely meets the recommended requirements getting 30-40 more FPS than someone with a high-end computer that exceeds them two-fold. It just doesn't make any sense. THAT should be at the top.

With this said, Dwarden did post in the BIS forums about the issue; he stated that BIS has no idea why this is happening and until they get a constructive post with system specs and all that they are basically not working on it.
                        Last edited by Dr. Nner; 07-18-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                          It's not unreasonable to assume. "Here's our list of what we are working on" and it's not even mentioned??? I'm surprised myself they didn't make the slightest mention of the issue or their approach to solving such a significant MP game play issue.

Your are spot on in regards to their patches usually addressing more issues than expected but the community deserves an official nod that the problem is being worked on. It's not a small issue.

With that said--I'm confused why some servers can run von with out a hitch but others can't. I bet BI is too.
                          Sadly, it most likely means that they don't anticipate fixing it in the next patch.

Comment

I'l repeat what i said in the ARMA2 forums:

The first game patches should contain fixes towards game stability like CTD, basic game functionality-bugs like VOIP not working and bugs that in any other way make the game unplayable for large amounts of players.

Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Let's not forget that we've got a great game on our hands and over time it will only get better. I'm able to have fun playing it right now and only expect things to get better. Not that you don't all make valid points, I just felt the need for a little optimism.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X