Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Multiplayer

hey guys,
    im just about to download the demo for Arma 2 and it informs me that 'limited multiplayer' is supported. Does this mean demo servers or will i be able to play with you lot at TG to see if i want to buy the game yet.

thanks CryWolf
    |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Re: Demo Multiplayer

Originally posted by CryOfTheWulfen View Post
    hey guys,
    im just about to download the demo for Arma 2 and it informs me that 'limited multiplayer' is supported. Does this mean demo servers or will i be able to play with you lot at TG to see if i want to buy the game yet.

thanks CryWolf
    You will only be able to play with demo players and there are no dedicate servers for the demo... I tried to play the demo online twice and it was awful.

Try it only to see if you like the game play and how it runs (it will run better for sure) in your PC.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

oh...you'll want to buy the game and play it on the TG servers...that part's already settled, trust me.

But to answer your question. The demo won't allow you to play the retail version on the TG servers. I played the demo for two weeks before I had the full retail version, including mp sessions, mostly hosted on personal machines. The demo is feature rich and hella fun. Definately give it a whirl...but the gameplay won't approach anything like you'll find on the TG servers.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

right thanks. I was downloadin it to test how i could run it and thought i might be able to check how the server is going aswell to test that aspect of the game nevermind.
        |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

I used to play ARMA quite a bit then took a year or so off of gaming. (burnt out) I just got the ARMA2 demo and really enjoy it - but what's the multiplayer lag like? The demo version is mostly unplayable for multiplayer, even on servers with pings at 50-75ms.

I know ARMA had some problems with that occasionally - wanted to get the concensus before I decided whether to buy this or not.

Comment

ArmA2 at the latest patch is probably more stable than any version of ArmA1 that I've played. Desynchronization is still an issue in large, unstable, or poorly-designed missions, but I've noticed significantly less network-related problems in the new game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X