Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo Server VON trial

Greetings all...

Our TvT server "Bravo" is now running VON. We are giving it a trial to see how things go. Jump on...give it a test...report back.

Ta
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Bravo Server VON trial

Thanks god. Was about time, I played on some random public servers and never had an issue with VON. Will test it out and report any problems here.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Now I need someone to explain how the new VON system works, with the addition of several channels new to ArmA (Command, Commander, etc.)

| |

Comment

Is Bravo still the official TvT server? I can see it getting a lot of co-op action with VON intact.

Comment

Excellent, I personally haven't had any problems with VON on the few servers which have it enabled. It's much easier to use group chat in-game than use TS effectively. If all goes well I'll jump on tonight and test it out.

Comment

Yes Bravo is still the TvT server... and will become even more so....

Let's get some numbers on bravo server tonight and see how it handles... Bear in mind, the majority of Public servers maybe run around 20 people... the issues supposedly kick in with 40 players+....

If all goes well, we will switch Alpha server VON on too!
            BlackDog1

Comment

my purchase of arma2 is directly related to the outcome of these tests hehe :)

Comment

Dun Dun Dunnnhhhh. I'll be on.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                  Spoiler: Many people will be ok, some will have hardlocks, some will CTD. Those who hardlock and CTD may or may not realize it's related to VON. Those who dig a bit deeper (ie: A2 rpt file) will likely discover that their issues are tied to XAudio, ie the sound engine, and thus are VON crashes.

Will it be fixed, though? Of course, in time. Is it fixed right now, however? Nope. If you're lucky enough, you won't be affected by it. If you're not so lucky, you're in for some sporadic and unpredictable frustration, with increased crash/issue risks as the playercounts rise.

Comment

I'm interested in reading the results... because Monday on our server we had VON enabled, and more then half kept getting booted and our server crashed hard once...

Thursday we disabled VON, and not one crash, and only one player lost connection.

Playing without VON really sucks thou... so looking forward to the test results.

;)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                      I'd second that emotion.

Comment

Results on the server continue to support the initial claims that VON is causing people to crash out when enabled and used on a server within a higher range of player numbers.

I guess same happened to Dyslecxi @ ShackTAC, to Magnum @ SimHQ, and now to us a TG. VON definitely needs to be fixed.

| |

Comment

This is the only warning I will give for unconstructive and unnecessary flaming posts.

Please keep replies on topic and according to TG's Forum Standards. (Be nice, mmkay?)

Any more of these kinds of posts and infractions will be given out.

| |

Comment

We used the von fairly heavily during total resistance, after you said it crashed some people Marine, as far as i know there was only one guy who crashed once and no one else had any problems, as far as other servers go i haven't seen a problem on any of them either, I'm still skeptical until i see a lot of people start actually crashing, so far Ive seen 1 crash that may or may not be related to it. Personally id like to do one round with a lot of people(20+) and record everyone that crashes and then have them look into what caused that crash and if it was at all von related.

Comment

Thanks Tralic, we have a number of ideas we might try. I have actually been relating and discussing this with a number of guys and there is a possible theory with regard to the users hardware, rather than a problem on the server.

Either way, we will continue with our tests and work with other groups. If I see another "I told them so, or I told you so" post, I WILL start passing out the lollipops, I dont care if it is in jest or not.

ITS NOT NEEDED OR HELPFUL.
                              BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse