Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prep for Fridays sgn up event. (a suggestion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep for Fridays sgn up event. (a suggestion)

Could we have a prep day or school for comms? I have often in the past wanted to assist and step up to fire team lead but was not confident of using TS binds.
    I think if TG offered a class on TS binds/protocol there would be a healthy attendance.
    I have resisted experimenting because I did not want to interrupt peeps in channels. But if there's a scheduled class...
    Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
    Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
    Nvidia GTX 285
    Creative Xfi pro gamer
    8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Re: Prep for Fridays sgn up event. (a suggestion)

great idea. I did some TS binding last night and I'd be glad to walk you through it over TS. It's pretty easy. I set it up so that I had a toggle switch to change to channel commander and a separate push to talk switch to talk on channel command with other channel commanders.
    I also set up key binds to switch to the respective squad and command channels on TS...num pad 1 switches to alpha squad, num pad 2 switches to brave...etc, etc...including a channel for command and a channel for the public lounge. No more alt tabbing out of game to manage TS...

I'm on ts most nights...look for me in the ARMA channels or in the 22nd TS channel.

cheers.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks Grunt,
      I'm still gonna push for a official TG class on the topic.
      Enough peeps will want assistance that it will make sense to have a real class rather than individually instruction.
      Get everybody together and go over it once. Maybe hold the class once a month.

Comms are so important,
      isn't it worth it?
      Even if/when in-game von works, there will still be a use for TS.
      Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
      Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
      Nvidia GTX 285
      Creative Xfi pro gamer
      8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Comment

Tell you guys what.

Since we do have so many newer players to TG who have signed up for the event, I'll grab a few of the regulars (Grunt, whoever else wants to help out) a little before the event and run a little introduction.

Just the basics: Comms, Multiplayer Ettiquite, How to use Teamspeak, etc.

| |

Comment

Marine, if you need me, just hit me up. Im not online tonight, but tomorrow I should be on for a good part during the day and even during the evening.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

If anyone could throw up a quick guide on the TS binds that would be incredibly helpful.

Comment

Would be awesome if the TS keybinds file could be uploaded somewhere too, would make it a lot easier to get people up and running.

Comment

The only version I have is the 1.1 version. Feel free to update a more up-to-date version of it if there's one somewhere around
                http://rapidshare.com/files/25851685..._Radio_1_1.rar

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X