Print your own Chernarus Poster!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print your own Chernarus Poster!

I got bored and sometimes I like making raster images and the like.
    This is a .rar with nine JPEGs that you can print out to make a 3x3 sheet map of Chernarus.
    http://www.filedropper.com/chernarusmap
    When you print these you need to make sure you print them uncropped, on my printer this meant setting the printer to "fax sheets" or something similar so the image would not be cropped in any way. Once you print them you just cut off the margins, arrange them, tape them, laminate them if you're really fancy with your tea and crumpets and whatnot, and shove it up on your wall for all to admire.
    As an added bonus, for all those missions where grunts don't get maps you can just look over your shoulder and have a reference for all towns and terrain.

Gawd, I'm such a nerd.

Re: Print your own Chernarus Poster!

Laminate plus dry-erase markers is the best way to go. Someone posted a link to the high-res Chernarussian map a while ago, better quality if I remember right. Still, this is pretty neat!

Comment

I wonder if there is a map in English out there similar to this? Great Idea..
      Thanks for being a Nerd.. ;-)
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

i had one the other day that had russian and english town names on it :(

Comment

wtf you need english towns for? It's a province in Russia lol. Well it's fake. The real province is Belarus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
            Laminate plus dry-erase markers is the best way to go. Someone posted a link to the high-res Chernarussian map a while ago, better quality if I remember right. Still, this is pretty neat!
            Scope, can you get me that link?

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

Ladies and Gents, my nerd level has increased in the last 24 hours.
              After only 115 screenshots and a couple hours of learning Photoshop (fireworks apparently can't handle images over 6000x6000)
              I present you with this 6519x6045 pixel beauty. This is different from the other 6000x6000 images in that it doesn't have the Russian on it, doesn't have shadows on hills, doesn't have those silly circles representing trees, etc. This is all taken from the most zoomed out level that still lets you see six-digit grid coordinates.

Chernarus PNG - 14 MB-http://www.filedropper.com/chernarus-finalpng
              Chernarus JPG - 6.8MB-http://www.filedropper.com/chernarus-finaljpg2

I'm thinking about bringing this image down to Kinkos and having them print out a big 6ft x 6ft black&white copy and laminating. Then I can bust out the markers and go true-commander. :D

I'm sure in about 30 minutes someone will point out that this has probably already been done the exact same way that I did it but at least I can say I was able to bother SamO for Photoshop and learn some things along the way.

edit: Here is one that's already been done. http://arma2base.de/include.php?path...&contentid=139
              BUT! Mine has numbers on the bottom! and mine has no watermarking! and it's in English!TAKE THAT TELEJUNKY! HAHAH! :D

If I get REALLY bored maybe I will try making it into a PDF for easy printing but that's a big hassle.

Comment

LOL!
                Nice work Orc, now THIS is pretty impressive!

Comment

Awesome job Orc !
                  Im going to print this out on the plotter at work today.
                  Thanks much :)

|

Comment

Nice work Kevlar...

I have a 42mb pdf here on my desktop, an ArmAII map. Approx 34 x 24 inches... I'll spend a few minutes today seeing if I can figure out where I got it and/or find someplace to upload it.

-BoD

Edit:

Link removed... see following post

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                    Gawd, I'm such a nerd.
                    The level of geekiness on display in here is so great I'm getting a little lightheaded...
                    Last edited by BarnacleofDoom; 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM.
                    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

TG link added guys:

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~arma/D...ARMAII_MAP.rar

Comment

I went to Kinkos today to try to get it printed at 6x6ft but at that branch they could only do 3x3 ft. He said that he could ship it to the large store downtown and have them do it but when he called them they told him that they only had photo paper and couldn't do it on regular paper which meant $7.00 / ft2. Doing it in color also meant $7.00 / ft2 so that would be something like $500. Also doing it in black and white would have been $231 at 6x6. I settled for 3x3 ft B&w at $6.50. :D

Comment

We are getting extreme to the max with something like this!!

Its pretty cool to see guys actually printing out maps for ArmA2. I never saw this with Armed Assault.

Printing my own copy so i can use it to start building missions.
                          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Nice. Ill try to look around here if i can get it done for cheap on a larger scale.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                            The BigC

Comment

I called up the main branch of Kinkos and they said their special signs department next door can do 6x6 and probably for about $30 before lamination with some blueprint-type paper. I never realized until today that Kinkos is open 24 hrs a day 0_0

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X