Ati 4890

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati 4890

As is said in the title does the ati radeon 4890 work will with arma2 and what graphic setting is it set at hight medium low etc etc.

Re: Ati 4890

It had better be 1920x1200 maxxed out as I've specced a new pc with one of those buggers.

Comment

1680x1050 High-Very High settings, 2000m view distance
      It depends on your processor too though. Check here.
      I've done some benchmarks with it. However, you need to read the follow-up posts as the ArmA2Mark utility scores seem a bit deceptive.

Comment

I7 920 i am getting great i be having fun on the battlefield then.

Comment

I just built a system with the i7 920 and 4890 (got it for 189 bucks at the egg and the processor for 199 at microcenter) and I'm running 1920x1200 with everything set to very high, view distance to a bit over 3kish, post processing off and shadows to normal I think and I'm getting 30ish FPS depending.

Arma 2 likes ATI cards and fast processors so even a small overclock on the extremely overclockable 920 can make a difference.

I pretty much built the system specifically for Arma 2 as nothing really taxes my old system I built a year ago with a q6600 overclocked to 3.2 ghz and an Nvidia 8800 gts 512.

You will still want to play with settings in the ini file a bit to find the sweet spot between speed and what's important for visual settings but there is certainly a lot more leeway with that setup.

Enjoy and have fun!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X