Ribbons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons!

Give a big old congrats to the following gents, all were nominated Ribbons for outstanding services rendered this month. Ribbons can be collected here>

Ribbons

Nomination: Distinguished Air Cavalry Ribbon

Nominee: tralicrifleman

Game: Armed Assault 2 Tactical Gamer server

Date: July 03, 2009

After-Action Report: During a Force Recon assignment to collect intel on an SU-25 hangar bay, elements of our team were forced to take cover from heavy enemy armor and infantry targets. Without sufficient firepower to engage our targets, and with only colored smoke and a radio, we were able to not only survive, but to advance and clear our objectives without losing a single operative. Through the coordinated efforts of tralicrifleman and LowSpeedHighDrag, we designated the targets with smoke and patiently waited for the whir of a friendly UH-1Y overhead.

We were greeted by the biggest and most impressive display of precision fireworks that I have personally witnessed in any gaming environment. Despite armaments of a dozen FFARs and an M134 minigun, the pilot-gunner team were able to eliminate a BMP-3 APC as well as an entire platoon of infantry while under fire. Their accuracy was impeccable as our fireteam was in extremely close proximity to the engagement, and yet received not a single bullet our way. Through several passes, coordinated radio communications, and precision fire, we were able to advance (and also watch from close the awesome power of rocket runs!). Not only did these two heroes save us, but they also were instrumental in the completion of our objectives.

Nominee:LowSpeedHighDrag

After-Action Report: During a Force Recon assignment to collect intel on an SU-25 hangar bay, elements of our team were forced to take cover from heavy enemy armor and infantry targets. Without sufficient firepower to engage our targets, and with only colored smoke and a radio, we were able to not only survive, but to advance and clear our objectives without losing a single operative. Through the coordinated efforts of tralicrifleman and LowSpeedHighDrag, we designated the targets with smoke and patiently waited for the whir of a friendly UH-1Y overhead.

We were greeted by the biggest and most impressive display of precision fireworks that I have personally witnessed in any gaming environment. Despite armaments of a dozen FFARs and an M134 minigun, the pilot-gunner team were able to eliminate a BMP-3 APC as well as an entire platoon of infantry while under fire. Their accuracy was impeccable as our fireteam was in extremely close proximity to the engagement, and yet received not a single bullet our way. Through several passes, coordinated radio communications, and precision fire, we were able to advance (and also watch from close the awesome power of rocket runs!). Not only did these two heroes save us, but they also were instrumental in the completion of our objectives.
    Who?
    viper1986 In game alias: |TG-22nd| Viper

What?
    Distinguished Squad Leader

Where?
    Arma2 server

When?
    July 3, 2009

How?
    He did a tremendous job leading our squad from the top of a hill spotting the town's defenses before we made our way to the city at the bottom of the hill to start our way frog hopping down the street to an abandoned building with a high tower overlooking both Sam site objectives. He positioned men up top before sending in the ground assault to clear what couldn't be seen from the tower. This allowed the demo pair to set their satchels on the Sam site's which destroyed 1 part of the 3 part mission. We only had a couple casualty's but we took the town with an iron fist and completed our leg of the mission. The other 2 objectives were completed by another 3-4 squads.

Nomination: Distinguished Special Ops Ribbon

Nominee: Guardianx11x, Lhowon

After-Action Report: In the same mission detailed above, our fireteam was detached from the rest of the division and used as a quiet blackops team for high-priority targets. During these excursions it was imperative to be equipped for any kind of contact or objective. Normally, the duty to outfit a squad accordingly is given to the squad leader, a role I had grown accustomed to running through every time I went in-game.

This mission was different, however, in that these two soldiers knew better than I how to equip themselves for the sort of combat and environment we were about to experience. Despite Guardian being 100% fresh meat, he instantly recognized his role as 2IC and outfitted with smoke, flares, and appropriate ordinance. His ammunition was key in signaling CAS (see above nomination) and in covering our advance. Lhowon also recognized his role immediately and, despite having a reduced number of inventory slots due to being a medic, also carried more than was necessary for his role to augment the combat abilities of our team. He carried extra M249 box magazines which were used thoroughly during the course of the day, and also brought satchel charges (which, despite being one of the most important mission assets, were forgotten by almost all other players in other fireteams). Razor fireteam was able to complete our target objective of destroying SU-25 aircraft because these two men brought EXACTLY the right kit for the job, and because their tactical discipline maintained Razor's role as a force recon team.
    Who?
    |TGXV|CorpralCody

What?
    Distinguished Recon

Where?
    Operation Waterloo, Arma2 A server

When?
    13th July 2009

How?
    Corpral cody Provided excellent recon over one of the target areas, he was able to veiw all enemy patrols and mark them on the map with Markers of were their patrols went, he also marked enemy vehicles and a static AA squad so we were able to take them out in out own terms. Unfortunately i don't have a screen shot of the map but he also provided a notes section with details on patrol sizes and what they consisted of. also that there was an enemy officer walking around. Without his recon we may not have been able to complete the mission. He also lasted the whole round without firing a single shot. Which for a game involving guns imo is quite an achevment

Nominee: socomseal93

After-Action Report: Socomseal93 exemplifies what it means to be a pilot in a large-scale combat environment. During the mission "Co50 Air Cavalry", which relies heavily on the ability for helicopter pilots to ferry troops to the front lines, my helicopter received enough damage to lose power to its engine over hostile territory. Although it was still in good condition, it needed a repair vehicle to become air-worthy.

Socom volunteered to attach an MTVR repair truck to his MV-22 Osprey and meet on my location to give the necessary repairs. Not only does this maneuver require technical knowledge of the game environment, but also requires a massive amount of flying skill and coordination. This was an especially dangerous mission given that the area in which I required repairs was under heavy AAA battery protection.

Despite the risks, not only did Socomseal93 react professionally and towards the goals of the team, but did so in such a skilled and controlled way that never was his vehicle in danger. He flew through hostile territory at low altitude to avoid enemy anti-air fire, and gave me the aid necessary to RTB and continue the course of the game.

Thanks to Socom's actions, we were able to continue with troop transport and eventually were successful in the scope of the mission. Without his support, not only would I have been unable to perform my role as a pilot, but it is more than likely that without support I would have been killed in-field. I owe my digital life to Socomseal93's efforts in getting me airborne one more time.
    Well done guys, keep the nominations rolling in!
    Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 07-27-2009, 07:38 PM. Reason: Added Ribbon Images

Re: Ribbons!

Congrats you guys! Well deserved.

| |

Comment

Good job guys.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

congrats guys! lets see more nominations!

Comment

Wow, thank you all for the nomination and congrats to the fellow nominees.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Good job folks !

|

Comment

Congratulations, gents!

Comment

Good job guys

Comment