Alternate Servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Servers

I'm really at loss for servers to play on when there are no games running on Tactical Gamer. Every server seems full of stupidity and inability to play but surely there must be some servers out there that could serve as a good alternative while the TG servers aren't populated?

Re: Alternate Servers

Other servers...?

Comment

Originally posted by Xnipes View Post
      I'm really at loss for servers to play on when there are no games running on Tactical Gamer. Every server seems full of stupidity and inability to play but surely there must be some servers out there that could serve as a good alternative while the TG servers aren't populated?
      Just play by yourself on Domination until about 8-10 people join in, they join fairly quickly Then play some Coop. You have to play Domination on server Bravo though because they took Domination away from Alpha for some reason even though it's one of the best ways to get people to join IMO.

Comment

The good Doctor is right. I'm in the minority but I love Domination. It's great to be able to jump in and out in a persistent mission. As long as you have good players working with you it's fine. When the population gets larger comm's discipline usually falls apart though. Often it's a warm up to a good coop mission.

Anyways...it occurs to me you may not know how to switch the missions on the server. You can vote your self admin easily on an empty server. First connect to the server and once you are in type "#vote admin <player #>" in the text box.

You can find your player number by typing P or if you aren't in game yet you can type "#userlist". Your name and user # should appear.

After you type "#vote admin <player #>" you'll see confirmation that you have admin status. Type "#missions" and the mission will end and take you to the missions list where you can select any mission you want.

There are several versions of Domination. When I do this I usually select one of the versions with AI in the title. These versions include the ability to recruit AI soldiers into your squad. I usually request a medic and a MG'er. I usually spawn in as an artillery officer because you can request a vehicle drop. Load em up and get out in the field...Soon enough, like the other poster said, you'll have other people joining up with you. Give them your position and your mission when they get in and you'll have company soon enough. Works every time...
        Last edited by Grunt 70; 07-28-2009, 11:05 AM.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Urban Resistance Clan if you're looking for some TVT action. Been there alot lately, im growing tired of Coop.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent
            .... Heck, even when we manage to get another mission running and enjoy ourselves some douche admin comes in and sets it back to Domination or Evolution...

That's really quite uncalled for. The admin staff works hard to make this a great place for ARMA players. If you've got a problem with how something is handled you should take it up directly with the admin team in the "contact an admin" forum. Calling the whole admin team out publicly, with this kind of language really doesn't fit in here.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I am not an adept player but I am getting better.Domination is a great place to learn the game and hone your skills and learn to play as a team. When the other server is full and its not a jip I might pout a little but then I can always go play Domination,it's all good.

Comment

Lol. Other servers.

Domination is on Server B to be played to attract people, and then they can change it to a TvT once you have the numbers or the appeal.

Server A remains strictly coop and this group seems to have a problem when Domination is on Server A because any time I'm on the server and Domination is running, I only hear complaints about how Domination =/ Teamwork when it is the players that define it. Some want to stick with the mission and some want to change it.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                  Lol. Other servers.

Domination is on Server B to be played to attract people, and then they can change it to a TvT once you have the numbers or the appeal.

Server A remains strictly coop and this group seems to have a problem when Domination is on Server A because any time I'm on the server and Domination is running, I only hear complaints about how Domination =/ Teamwork when it is the players that define it. Some want to stick with the mission and some want to change it.
                  Cant agree more with the guy who has a Twilight signature.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Okay, just to clarify on my hastily admin-deleted post it wasn't about the TG server, but about other servers I've played on.

Oh, and I did have quite a good time at Kelly's Heroes today. Was a decently organized round with the pilots and a few more communicating a lot, making things run nice and smoothly.

Comment

Your post was deleted because you were being disrespectful, regardless of what community you were talking about. Please refrain from such posts in the future as they violate our Forum Rules.

| |

Comment

Charlie Foxtrot has the largest players pops in ArmA2 atm (80-100 players) and they play a custom tvt mission, I've only popped on there for a few min though so no idea about the quality of gameplay.

TBG plays berserk and is usually always populated, but from my experience there is little/zero teamwork or coordination and nothing more than team vehicle death match. Rounds last 1 hour and its like BF2 where flags switch sides every minute or so, but hey at least there is no annoying horn sound every time a flag changes sides (ala arma1 berserk) ;) Getting a solid group of 12 or more TG guys on this server would be totally wicked, would really be fun to try it even though the mission caters to lonewolves.

Ill post more servers as I play on them, but I think its good to experience some of the other pub servers so you can understand what NOT to do ;)

Comment

When TG games are full, I find good teamplay at Sovereign Forces server. They only play custom domination but have a really active admin section that is fast to ban those not behaving. They're also quick to team up and work together with eachother, good server.

EDIT: Forgot to mention their server is passworded, but you can find this password at their website which you can google.
                          Last edited by Python1; 07-29-2009, 02:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention password

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                            Charlie Foxtrot has the largest players pops in ArmA2 atm (80-100 players) and they play a custom tvt mission, I've only popped on there for a few min though so no idea about the quality of gameplay.

TBG plays berserk and is usually always populated, but from my experience there is little/zero teamwork or coordination and nothing more than team vehicle death match. Rounds last 1 hour and its like BF2 where flags switch sides every minute or so, but hey at least there is no annoying horn sound every time a flag changes sides (ala arma1 berserk) ;) Getting a solid group of 12 or more TG guys on this server would be totally wicked, would really be fun to try it even though the mission caters to lonewolves.

Ill post more servers as I play on them, but I think its good to experience some of the other pub servers so you can understand what NOT to do ;)
                            The pub server i stated above do play Berzerk (Urban Resistance Clan) and from what I've seen so far, there is alot of teamplay involved...well...more than any other pub server out there. Recommend checking it out.

The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X