Epiphany

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany

Well last night was an ArmaII epiphany for me. I bought OFP a month after it was released after chancing upon a demo of it in a PC magazine. Joined the BIS forums soon after and played every night for about two years (yeah I was single and without children then...) I'm sure I don't have to go through the agonies of multiplayer in OFP here, but I certainly had some memorable evenings of play.

Along comes Arma and I expect to get serious with it, join a clan, do some mission building, etc. Bzzzzzt! No way, not with that bug-ridden piece of steaming proverbial. Suffice to say it was a great dissapointment, went in the bin almost immediately, and I spent my time with my IL2 squadron instead.

Then ArmaII finally came out. Some predictable BIS rough edges and poor design choices, but by and large very good. So I started to look about for some serious servers to play on. Hard to come by. Let me warn you against the OCUK server. Espoused to be for serious gamers but after a couple of nights being abused by the admins as they called everyone morons and retards, belittled newcomers, and kicked and banned about, well I was getting a bit disheartened.

Then last night I joined the TG server/Teamspeak and went through most of the WAC co-op. What a hoot! Mature comms. Proper leadership. Proper team deployment. Disciplined play. Admins who asked questions, not just kicked without warning or explanation. It was one of the most realistic and enjoyable computer combat experiences I've ever had. Really, really impressed.

Just had to say it. Well done to the TG people who have set this up and set the standards. I'll be back as much as the time-zone difference allows.

Re: Epiphany

Yes

Comment

Hi Bottle, glad you finally found TG since from my point of view its not worth playing Arma2 anywhere else. About the time zone difference, just go on the game if you can around 20.00GMT and you should find somce nice teamwork going on with alot of players.
      Spartan 10

Comment

Thanks Bottle. Glad to find another like minded ArmA player, welcome to the community!

The admins here at TG have spend a lot of time getting the server just right and have done very well with it, working round the many issues (eg VON).

This just serves to prove that all the hard work has payed off.

Thanks Admins of TG! And mission makers! And players! :)

Comment

Welcome aboard Bottle. Too bad you didn't give ARMA a second chance when the ACE mod came out. It really was quite good--completely different experience than vanilla ARMA.

Anyways glad you found TG. Most of us had the same epiphany as you so you are in good company.

See you in Charnarus.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Welcome aboard Bottle. This story sounds pretty familiar to me ;) I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

If you got any question, dont hesitate to ask here on the forums, in TeamSpeak or ingame.

See you on the servers ;)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

I was pretty much the same way. Played opflash from the moment i found it until about a year ago. I skipped ARMA cause of the bugs (and never gave it a second thought). Then to ARMA2. I'm pretty happy with TG, I rarely check anywhere else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X