Arma ii help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma ii help

I suck at this game and keep having some problems that keep getting me killed.

I'm looking for general newbie tips cause I suck big time. The one problem I have is that I keep going into free look mode and can not get out if it. At least I think that is the problem. I can only point my rifle in one direction and can not turn. I hit the Alt key to toggle out of it but all it does is bring my view around to where my rifle is pointed. I thought of changing the keyboard layout (to stop accidentally hitting the alt key) but I'm not sure where to move keys to since most keys are used.

I have tried going online to talk about it but everyone ignored me. I guess being in the middle of a firefight is a bad time to talk :) After I die my problem goes away. :icon15:

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Arma ii help

I believe that when your in free look you have to double tap the Alt key twice to return to your normal view.

I suggest you do not alter the key layout as there are ALOT of commands and its easy to get them screwed up and before you know it you've got the same command doing 5 different things. If you want some insight on what I use for keyboard commands let me know and i'd be happy to help you out. Even though there are a lot of commands, there are only a handful that you will actually use 99% of the time and its what also helps is setting up your mouse for a few of them. COMPASS is a big one and i have that assigned to one of my mouse buttons because i have so many. Zoom is automatically assigned to your right mouse button and i leave that alone. I also tend to assigned my TALK button in TS on one of the other mouse buttons just for ease. Yatta Yatta blah blah, etc.

Just get one of the guys who are not playing to help out you, ArmA2 is a HUGE game with alot of complexities and we don't want you hating your experience because of a few key commands :)
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

one thing that i found helped was that i deleted all bindings that toggle things; eg VOP, free look etc.

When your next on ill be a noob with you, im hopeless; as Gunner will tell you.....
      |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
        The one problem I have is that I keep going into free look mode and can not get out if it. At least I think that is the problem. I can only point my rifle in one direction and can not turn. I hit the Alt key to toggle out of it but all it does is bring my view around to where my rifle is pointed

After I die my problem goes away. :icon15:
        Master..this is pretty common and as was stated before..a quick Doubletap on the ALT key should get things back to normal. As bad as this sounds (To many)...Jump into a game Of Domnination with a low population and a Few TG guys. There a player/group can separate a bit, get on different TS Comms and go over the basics (like navigation, weapons etc..). Believe me when I say there have been many games where I have been in a couple of hours and never fired a weapon..or have had no kills..
        (Or Died alot more then I killed!) .. It's about the mission, not the stats.. Cover your area and if no one crosses you path great... Just as long as the team can count on you to cover your area...

C YA IN GAME!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse