Considering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering

Hello I'm considering getting Arma 2 but I've heard some bad things about the game so I figured I would ask here and see if I can get some positive responses. I've played PR with some guys from here and loved the experience. I love tactical shooters so much more then run and gun shoot aliens in the face games. I was wondering what is the state of arma?
    How popular is online?
    How is the TG arma community?
    Will finding a game be easy?
    Since I'm still in high school and play soccer I won't be able to play every night or as much as I would like to but I was just wondering how well I could fit in. Thanks for any replies I'm really excited about this game and also saw some stuff about OFP2 and was just looking for some recommendations.

Re: Considering

Online? Only play on the TG server, normally has at least 12 people. Which is enough for some VERY good games.
    Our community is the best. Honestly, go any were else and you'll see that none can hold a candle up to ours, we have the best mission makers around.
    Finding a game is easy, hop on TS and ask if anyone wants to play.

If you play once a week you will fit it. Even if you just play our sunday events you'll fit in.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I haven't been playing that long, but I love it. It's so much more rewarding than most other shooters I've played. There's actual team work and coordination. The rounds last a bit longer, some even into the hours long just FYI.

You should watch gogamer.com if you decide to buy. They usually have it on one of their 48 hour madness sales for a few bucks off retail price.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I too come from a PR background and just started playing ARMA II a couple of days ago. Simply put ARMA is much slower then PR and stesses team work even more. Situational awareness is something that you will need to become a good soldier. When you die it can take up to 20 min to get back with your group. The game is not perfect and has some flaws that need to be fixed. The community is very helpful and will help you over come the huge learning curve.

With all that said I played for 3 hours last night on a map that was set up by the TG community. The leadership was second to none and was one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had online. I had a rough start not knowing what was going on at first but my team leader sorted me out and got me onto the correct path.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Buy thre game.Play here.Happy camper. If you're a framerate counter you may tweak yourself out of some game playing time. I turned Fraps off and saved my sanity.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys you helped a lot. I hope I can scrounge enough money together so I can join you guys. My only other question is I saw ofp2 is coming out in a few months and I was wondering if people will leave arma for that game? I know its pretty early to guess but anyone have any idea because I don't wanna buy a new game that I will replace soon.

Comment

Almost nobody that plays arma is going to OFP2. Just look at a few polls. :D
              |TG|Ghost02
              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                Almost nobody that plays arma is going to OFP2. Just look at a few polls. :D
                We won't know the answer to this until that game is released. There is a huge number of people who are waiting for OFP2 because they felt burned by ARMA I.

Me, I buy them all :)

Comment

Hello Kratisto. Glad you found TG. Read through some of the After Action Reports posted in the ARMA forums. Most are short but some are beautifully put together and after reading a few of those you'll be convinced. ARMA will give you some of the most immersive gaming experiences you'll ever have.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Kratisto, I don't think the ArmA community will loose anyone to OFP2. It is Bohemia Interactive that keeps us all here, and they have, at least in my own personal opinion, secured a massive amount of loyalty.
                    Last edited by Python1; 08-04-2009, 02:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X