Take a moment to comment!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a moment to comment!

Well, the TG servers have been up for a while now and many games have been played. If you wouldn't mind, could you just spend a few moments to comment on how things have been going and where we could improve things. This isn't shot at glorifying TG or the ArmA2 servers, but a honest post to see what all the NEW and VETERAN players think so far.

Thanks,

Marc.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Take a moment to comment!

Very very nice. Love the servers and good admins. Improvements could be more standardized events.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Haven't played as much as I'd prefer, but from what I did see, the main issue was simply VON being absent. Since that's pretty much beyond anyone's control right now, it's not really a reflection on TG in any way. A lot of the issues that have been discussed in the forums lately (ie: comms) will probably sort themselves out as soon as VON comes back.

As to anything else - I'd like to see more of the Sunday events. It's nice being able to see (well - most of the time) what is planned at a given time and be able to choose to attend based on the info provided. When given a choice between hopping on at a random time or planning to attend a scheduled session, I find the latter to be preferable. The fact that it gives the overall commander time to plan and such is another nice benefit of that method, as well as the more 'selective' turnout that occurs due to the signup process etc.

Comment

Very good, would be nice to have more admins on so we don't always have to vote someone and if we could have more events that would be awesome to.

Comment

servers are great only complaint is the amount of people giving password out and people joining not on ts

Comment

Yep...personally the only issue I had Commanding yesterday were people who had joined, were not on TS and just ran to the fight and almost did their own thing, I had to use Global text a number of times to try and keep things in line.

Personally I think the ban hammer comes out for anyone who posts the Password at BiS or any other site and those not on TS get kicked from the server if they refuse to join TS.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BiS FIX VON AS A PRIORITY FOR THIS UPCOMING PATCH!!!

Other than that, the quality of some of the missions being produced now is superb.

Oh yeah...and all you admins suck! ;)
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

After playing arma for awhile I just feel that it needs to be played at a higher standard of difficulty but this cant be done with public open servers, so only thing that I think it needs is more maps but these will come in time

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Things are good other than the occasional desync spike. The only problem I'm having is getting Arma2 to run properly at a decent fps, its even more of a hassle than Arma1 it seems. :(

Comment

I think the distinction between servers Alpha and Bravo need to be more clearly defined, as plenty of co-op missions are frequently on Bravo and plenty of TvT missions are loaded on Alpha. Part of the reason that only one server receives frequent playtime is because the mission list between the two is staggered.

Players aren't reporting buggy or broken missions properly. Several maps have game-ending bugs that simply aren't being reported to the admin staff for removal.

I feel that the passwords for the game servers aren't being rotated frequently enough, as even some regulars have gotten used to joining an active mission without entering the proper Teamspeak channel.

Comment

The only problem I have is that the setup before a mission sometimes takes too long imo. Especially if missions have no respawn, this can be frustrating if you die in the beginning and this has made me disconnect quite a few times. I often feel that I spend more time in the squad screen than I 'm actually playing the game.

I know that VON will probably improve this a lot, but right now I only join the server when I have loads of time. So far I have enjoyed domination the most because there I actually get to play the game.

Arma 2 needs a simpler interface like PR has so people can easily see which squad/fireteam they are in and what their objective is.
                    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Grass among other things (I guess) kills my FPS. Even with the grass mod. My suggestion is to refine all your missions with low or no grass. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else. Other than that the servers are just as great if not better than ArmA 1.

Comment

Overall I think the TG community is moving in the right direction and I have enjoyed my time here so far with only the ocasional bump here and there mostly due to the fact that it's growing and a new start in Arma2.

Pros:
                        Hats off to the Admins who keep this place running and keep it clean. Also a thanks to the people who are not part of the admin team but step up regurarly to lead and create missions.

I like how there are frequent open discussions on the things the Comunity wants such as Difficulty setings missions that we play and so on.

Things to improve on:
                        Mission replayability and respawn is one thing I would personaly like to see more. Due to my limited play time, I spend most of my time in briefings. Especially when we have a new leader or a new mission.
                        It takes a while to organize teams and the plan, than we have people joining in during the briefing having to sort out comms, people disconnect or reconnect which all adds up to the wait time. I have no complaints about that it's part of playing Arma with a public comunity.

But than we run a mission that is no respawns and alot of us play it for the first time with new people which makes it sort of a learning experience. If you end up geting shot early on(please don't say 'don't get shot') and have to wait for the mission to end.
                        And this is where I would like to retry the mission to maximize on the time invested into the briefing in the first place rather than doing it all over again, we usualy end up going to a new mission with some people bailing and start the "New" briefings all over again. :)

I would like to see us replay missions or perhaps play missions with JIP/respawn but making the respawn somewhat immersive not a simple spawn and run/gun like a lemming.
                        I am all for the immersion and value of your virtual life but perhaps an outpost somwhere in the field far away from the battlefield. that way when the team is wiped out we are all already in game and we regroup and get transported back. While waiting on your team you can rearm and sort your gear.
                        CO would have briefed SL's and the new people jip would be able to be briefed by their respective leader and jump into action at the next stage while not interupting the rest of the players already engaged.

I think thats why so many people like to play Domination since they actually get to play and hone their skills.

Those are just some personal thoughts on what would make playing with the best Arma community even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                          Yep...personally the only issue I had Commanding yesterday were people who had joined, were not on TS and just ran to the fight and almost did their own thing, I had to use Global text a number of times to try and keep things in line.

Personally I think the ban hammer comes out for anyone who posts the Password at BiS or any other site and those not on TS get kicked from the server if they refuse to join TS.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BiS FIX VON AS A PRIORITY FOR THIS UPCOMING PATCH!!!

Other than that, the quality of some of the missions being produced now is superb.

Oh yeah...and all you admins suck! ;)
                          We should start thinking about mod-pack for Arma 2 TG Server. This way, all new people will be forced to go to our forum to get links for addons and read about rules, etc... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix[Can] View Post
                            Overall I think the TG community is moving in the right direction and I have enjoyed my time here so far with only the ocasional bump here and there mostly due to the fact that it's growing and a new start in Arma2.

Pros:
                            Hats off to the Admins who keep this place running and keep it clean. Also a thanks to the people who are not part of the admin team but step up regurarly to lead and create missions.

I like how there are frequent open discussions on the things the Comunity wants such as Difficulty setings missions that we play and so on.

Things to improve on:
                            Mission replayability and respawn is one thing I would personaly like to see more. Due to my limited play time, I spend most of my time in briefings. Especially when we have a new leader or a new mission.
                            It takes a while to organize teams and the plan, than we have people joining in during the briefing having to sort out comms, people disconnect or reconnect which all adds up to the wait time. I have no complaints about that it's part of playing Arma with a public comunity.

But than we run a mission that is no respawns and alot of us play it for the first time with new people which makes it sort of a learning experience. If you end up geting shot early on(please don't say 'don't get shot') and have to wait for the mission to end.
                            And this is where I would like to retry the mission to maximize on the time invested into the briefing in the first place rather than doing it all over again, we usualy end up going to a new mission with some people bailing and start the "New" briefings all over again. :)

I would like to see us replay missions or perhaps play missions with JIP/respawn but making the respawn somewhat immersive not a simple spawn and run/gun like a lemming.
                            I am all for the immersion and value of your virtual life but perhaps an outpost somwhere in the field far away from the battlefield. that way when the team is wiped out we are all already in game and we regroup and get transported back. While waiting on your team you can rearm and sort your gear.
                            CO would have briefed SL's and the new people jip would be able to be briefed by their respective leader and jump into action at the next stage while not interupting the rest of the players already engaged.

I think thats why so many people like to play Domination since they actually get to play and hone their skills.

Those are just some personal thoughts on what would make playing with the best Arma community even better.
                            +rep because you clearly explained what I was saying a few posts back.
                            Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I'm new to the community and so far I'd say I've had a rather mixed experience. It seems like half the time I'm having some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game. Yet on the other hand there are just as money moments win which I'm just bored to the point of going to go do something else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X