This is what we need for long rides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what we need for long rides

Today we were playing a mission...(cant really remember the name) and it required a convoy f lavs and tanks there was like a 10 min ride and lets face it...that is NOT fun so i suggest when making missions with long ride to use the recently released car radio u can add custom music too get it here..it can be used in any vehicle i believe check the Download page below

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6688

Re: This is what we need for long rides

great idea!!!
    |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I had fun during that drive. In fact, I'd say it was my favorite part of the mission. Albeit, I was a driver and thus a little more involved than the infantry hiding in armored eggshells behind me, but my role was still to spot targets before they spotted us. There's no reason even a grunt can't toggle 3rd-person view and scan for combatants.

EDIT: But to not be a total downer, yes this is cool.
      Last edited by Sc[ + ]pe; 08-05-2009, 06:28 AM.

Comment

It was a very fun drive for those of us in Bravo squad in the LAV behind Hammer 2 I believe. I think we were typing the entire drive which was a lot of fun for us.... sadly I don't think hammer 2 shared the fun :D.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Was this the infamous gay LAV-ride? Yeah, a radio could have really made the difference :)

Comment

Well at least you guys enjoyed the mission. One of the most organized I have seen.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

This couldn't have been the one I was in when our lead APC got destroyed entering the AO somewhere near the East Coast. I was under B's command leading a Fire Team and we encountered a hornet's nest of infantry. One by one we got slaughtered. When B went down I ordered a retreat. As we held defensive positions the enemy was advancing on us fast and furious and I called in suppressive mortar fire to cover another retreat. Just as I opened my map my game froze and I crashed--drat those nvidia drivers. Wonder how that mortar strike fared?

Anyway how off topic was that?

Like Scope and others, I enjoy the repartee during the long transport. Adds very much to the immersion level. I understand if it's not someone else's cup of tea though. The radio mod looks cool though.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

We restarted that mission grunt.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I did like the whole convoy part of that mission, actually. Though it would have probably been better if it was half as long, but personal preference. In-game music would have helped too :)

Comment

I am all about the Radio in the BlackHawk!! A little Rolling Stones ..sweet like sugar...

What was that sound mod in ARMA 1 that did that? X..somethinger other...
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Yes the radio is a good idea. I tried routing music via teamspeak however I had my wave audio setting levels too high and deafened half my squad.

Does this radio play music for everyone in the vehicle?

Comment

yeah skin i was in your squad...ended up quitting cuz i had to go to dinner...i was the 2nd lav driver

Comment

Originally posted by blackmain View Post
                          It was a very fun drive for those of us in Bravo squad in the LAV behind Hammer 2 I believe. I think we were typing the entire drive which was a lot of fun for us.... sadly I don't think hammer 2 shared the fun :D.
                          That fat bastard couldnt go up hills for the life of them and they never wanted to race.

I kept love tapping them to try to get them to you know, lighten up, but to no avail.
                          ---Bellicosity---

Comment

As driver of Hammer2, do you know how slow that effing thing is against an LAV?
                            Also didn't help the LAVs in front of me were unable to keep going at the SAME speed for more then 10 meters... it was like trying to follow student drivers... when i wasn't hitting the brakes to avoid slamming into them after them stopping again and speeding off for the umpteent time, i was tying to see them at the end of my viewdistance because they were speeding off...

Having Mr. Magoo slam into my shiny new tank every other minute got on my tits fast lol
                            Worst thing was i couldn't say anything on chat or the damn thing would stop as i typed...

I'd like to think i got my own back when i sideswept you guys into the tree when you LAV maggots tried to overtake my majestic tank :D :p

oh, and for you youngins', this is Mr.Magoo... the nearsighted Mr. Magoo :p
                            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

sounds fun

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse