Ka-52

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka-52

Ok it might be because im new to flying choppers but shouldnt the KA-52 be able to yaw 360 degrees while at full speed flight due to the roter design? I know it can in real life...you should be able to fly the thing sideways at full speed unlike traditional style choppers.

Re: Ka-52

yes! i totaly agree!

Comment

As cool as it would be to have it, you can't expect very realistic handling of any sort of vehicle in any ArmA game. Not really much anyone can do about it. BIS are just focused on infantry. It is annoying with things like this though.

That being said I want Eagle Dynamics and BIS to team up and make the ultimate flightsim/infantry sim.

Comment

You'll want to go play Blackshark if you're looking for a realistic physics engine for the Ka-50. ArmA has never possessed a realistic flight/driving model for its vehicles.

Comment

There was a pretty lengthy thread at BIS about this soon after the release of A1, the answer is yes, the Kamov should be able to do that. However, it won't be possible in ArmA as far as I can tell, too bad really. But hey, with the release of patch 1.03 BIS has finally given us helicopter throttle so it's not all bad right?

Comment

Yea I was reading the wikipedia page on the Ka-52, and learnt that its targeting system can swing the whole chopper around to face a target, meaning the mostly-rigid cannon actually isn't a downside in real life. It can even be an advantage as a fixed cannon is more accurate over longer distances than a turret-mounted one. In ArmA 2 though that's probably the biggest shortcoming of the Ka-52 vs the Cobra... you just can't beat that turnable cannon for CAS.

As other people have noted though, this sort of thing is a pandora's box for ArmA games - virtually every vehicle both on air and land is fundamentally unrealistic on many levels, so there's no end to stuff that could be added. I'd love to see more realistic targeting / firing etc. on all vehicles but I doubt we'll see that.

Comment

Yeah. With the existing flight model in ArmA we can't get helicopters with a counter-rotary double rotor system fly properly. The flight model is based on 'standard' helicopters with a tail rotor.

Do not expect BIS to improve this anytime soon either. Even if it doesn't work as it should it does work, and I think they consider themselves having more important things to work on than the unique flight model of one single helicopter that's rarely used :(

Generally the whole game is designed around the infantryman, with vehicles tossed in to provide a feeling of combined arms warfare. It's clearly visible that the vehicles aren't part of their focus though, since we still use the same crappy hitpoints system, still no fire control computers, and still have tab-targeting in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                You'll want to go play Blackshark if you're looking for a realistic physics engine for the Ka-50. ArmA has never possessed a realistic flight/driving model for its vehicles.
                I seriously wouldnt recomend buying KA-50 Blackshark unless your a SERIOUS flight nut. I have it....its deadly. It takes about 5 mins to get the engines going (unless you use the left windows + home shortcut). It flies beautifully though, when you can get it going. Weapons system is complex but you really feel the pressure trying to dodge enemy AAA while pressing buttons with ure mouse in the cockpit.

Bloody hard game/sim.
                Nihility

Comment

Yeah DCS Black Shark is the Falcon 4.0 of chopper sims. Not for everyone, but I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiza View Post
                    Yeah DCS Black Shark is the Falcon 4.0 of chopper sims. Not for everyone, but I love it.
                    Maybe you can teach me how to play it properlly sometime :D

Ive got A4 pages with scribbled weapon control instructions all over the place!
                    Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X