• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucks to own the steam copy of arma2 right now

wow, just wow

http://www.infoaddict.com/own-the-st...prepare-to-cry

Re: sucks to own the steam copy of arma2 right now

So...how come we need to download 4.5 gb? We're basically downloading the whole game all over again. I dont get this.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Jennik on BIS forums
      Instead of downloading just the difference data to be replaced inside of your pbo's (normal D/L update does this exactly), Steam users must download the whole pbo's and files affected be the update, which is about 4.3gigs in total.
      Is the official response but I still don't understand as I don't think ArmA 1 did this, but I wouldn't know as by the time I got A1 ACE had just came out.

At least it's being worked on, though.

Comment

Worked out well that the TG server was still on the old version all night that I was downloading the patch :D

Comment

It's at times like these where I feel good about early buying the german download version.

Steam is generally a great way to play games and such but the patches for every single game take FOREVER.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X