Direct analogue throttle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct analogue throttle

Any of u guys know how to make this new throttle input method to work properly? I mean, it works very well with any aircraft (no more airbrakes when throttling back, easy to reach and mantain any speed, etc...), but had no luck with helicopters.

I tried to map the same throttle slider with both commands (the old "Increse Thrust" for helos and the new "Thust (analogue)" for aircrafts), but obviously it works the same way before the patch, ignoring the new "analogue" input.

The only solution I came up to is to remap the controls every time I choose to fly an aircraft or an helicopter.

Any thoughts?

Re: Direct analogue throttle

It simply doesn't work with helicopters, so we'll have to wait until BIS enables it. I defined a different directx axis to my second throttle mode so I can switch between control modes. If your programming software doesn't allow such a setup, I don't think there's a way to practically use analog input yet.

Comment

What you mean with different axis? Your joy have two sliders? I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, is there a way to do that with this joy?

Comment

CH gear can switch between three different modes; any single button / axis can appear as three separate directx inputs once programmed. I set my main throttle to be device2 axis Z in mode2, whereas it's device1 axis Z in mode1. Two different virtual axes bound to one physical axis = problem solved.

While it's easy to find third party apps which can emulate mouse & keyboard (joy2key, controlmk) I don't know of any which can manipulate directx controller inputs like that. If the Saitek programming software doesn't allow a similar setup, I think you're stuck with rebinding the in-game controls.

Comment

Hmm... got it.. i think (hope) there is a way to do that with the Saitek software... I was messing around with it earlier and saw something about different outputs for the same axis... I'll try...

Thanks!!

Comment

i'm confused. I'm good to go on Helo throttle with my logitech extreme 3d joystick. I didn't have to make a single adjustment after the patch...guess that's all I really need to know.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

That's because nothing is bound to analog thrust by default. If you're curious, unbind increase / decrease thrust and bind analog thrust / brake to your stick - then take a plane for a spin. Hopefully they'll make it work for helos in the next patch, as well as %100 of the axis instead of %50.

Comment

I've bound the analog brake to the space key... so i have 100% of the slider for trust only and if i want to brake, i press the space key.

btw, still no luck... this saitek software is confusing as hell
                and yeah, another question, how do u switch between the controls modes? Save each config on differents profiles and then load them as u need?

Comment

Hmm, I tried it without binding analog brake, but no thrust kicked in until I moved the throttle past the halfway point. Can you confirm this on your stick? I'm really interested in using the whole axis if it's possible.

I'm using a mode switch button - my throttle and stick both have one button which is hardwired for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by ironpants View Post
                    That's because nothing is bound to analog thrust by default. If you're curious, unbind increase / decrease thrust and bind analog thrust / brake to your stick - then take a plane for a spin. Hopefully they'll make it work for helos in the next patch, as well as %100 of the axis instead of %50.
                    Im a little confused too. Are you saying that on NON analogue throttle theres no 10%-20%-30% etc, just full or none? Ive got my air brake bound to a base button on the stick. Works well the few times ive tried it....a little too well :D

With my chopper settings i leave the throttle at center and it stays put, i ramp it to full, it gains and ramp it to bottom it goes down. This right?
                    Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by ironpants View Post
                      Hmm, I tried it without binding analog brake, but no thrust kicked in until I moved the throttle past the halfway point. Can you confirm this on your stick? I'm really interested in using the whole axis if it's possible.

I'm using a mode switch button - my throttle and stick both have one button which is hardwired for this purpose.

You're right, only half axis... damn i was so happy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                        Im a little confused too. Are you saying that on NON analogue throttle theres no 10%-20%-30% etc, just full or none
                        If you bound the axis to "Increase thrust" and "Decrease thrust", the non-analogue alternatives, it acts like this: Throttle in the middle maintains the current speed in jet, and it should mean maintain altitude in choppers when stationary. It acts like an auto-pilot, at least in jets, throttling constantly up and down to maintain the speed. Put the throttle above midpoint, the stronger the effect the further you take it, and jets accelerate and choppers climb. Put it below that and the opposite happens.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X