High school

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school

Hey guys Its me. Sorry I havent been around last couple ...heck 4 days..My son starts high school next week.Have questions for those of you in high school.Is it as hetic for the kids as it is for the parents.My son play football and I have been to parent meetings and registration the last 4 night for about 2-3 hours each night.This may be off topic and I am sorry Just kind of explains were I have been lately.Damn education keeping me from playing my games

Re: High school

LOL Joman!.. I expected a post from some young dude complaining that he has High School Starting and he can't make time to play games as much anymore... Not the Old man!!

But I feel ya!.. Work, Wife, Life etc.. always seems to get in the way...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Well I never played sports in High School so the start was more of a hassle for me more than anything. Especially readjusting my sleep schedule, but first period sure helped with that.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Not hectic for me, just get supplies and go. I don't play any sports for high school either, exept debate.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Yes, it very much is. The load was eased off my parents a lot when I got a car, but until then they had to come pick me up late almost every evening. It only gets worse as they get older too.

Comment

I played rugby(prop) and crew in HS, and the start of the year was always a pain(getting practices organized, uniforms, medical physical, PT and all that other crap), but it never really lets up. Sports in school just consume a massive amount of time. It pays socially, though. My advice would be to get your kid into a car as soon as humanly possible.
            "Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

Comment

im playing football and basketball....and both of teh first practices the coaches saw i was black and u could just tell he had very high excpectations for me..making me do evrything first ...sadly i barely make time for games too :(..most likely most of my nerding wil be on sundays when i have time

Comment

I play Lacrosse and Football. Football can get pretty demanding. Practices every day but Sunday and they can run pretty late especially in pre-season. All the gear, paperwork, and such can be a hassle. Depending on the intensity of the school's program, injuries do occur a lot and can effect your son if he plays other seasonal sports. My brother dropped football because he didn't want to risk getting seriously injured and putting himself out for Lacrosse season where he was getting recruited by some D3 schools.

Although I do find playing demanding sports gets you straight with academics for someone like me who likes to procrastinate. Late practices gives you less time to get homework done and I personally feel more pressured to do it under those circumstances.

Comment

No sports in High school I'm in Canada. SO I have like 3 weeks still LOL. But yeh. Grade 11 :( Functions :( crap. But yeh. I just reajust to sleep times.

I mainly just work out and run after school. That's my sport :P

Comment

I also got nominated to design the football gameday program.Told wife my vacation next week is to play my game

Comment

I was not expecting this thread.

Comment

High school life can be pretty stressful depending on a few things. Now that I'm a senior, I've pretty much seen it all! Depending on your school (and sport), playing a sport can be extremely demanding (I'm on the varsity soccer team at my school). Football is pretty much one of the most demanding sports in HS purely because of their practice schedule... they nearly practice year round. What may make it worse, is if the school is known for its football team; in which they may take it even more seriously.

You have bigger things to worry about though. Besides academics (which are very important!), try to steer clear your kid away from drugs. HS is when most teens start experiment... for better or worse.

Comment

Oh yes, as a sophmore, I have seen some good kids do some real bad stuff just to get a high. Even if your kid says he won't do them, don't let your guard down. Peer pressure effects even the most stubborn. A good idea, something I do, get your child to become friends with police officers! Do ride alongs and such, it helps in the long run. You see what drugs and drinking does to a person! If you don't mind me asking, what does your son want to do occupationally? A freshman should have a semblence of an idea.
                          |TG|Ghost02
                          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                            A good idea, something I do, get your child to become friends with police officers! Do ride alongs and such, it helps in the long run. You see what drugs and drinking does to a person!

If you want your kid to retain even the smallest shred of faith in humanity, then for the love of god, don't do this. Cops are massively jaded for a reason(constantly seeing the worst of society does that to a person). And anyone who knows any number of civvie cops or MP's knows that the profession attracts bullies and the power hungry(not the majority, but a fact nonetheless).
                            "Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

Comment

Ehh, another discussion for another thread.

Just find out what he wants to do and find programs that allow "exploring" of that job. Like for law, sit in on cases.
                              |TG|Ghost02
                              TG Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X