Downloading!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading!!!

Well I'm downloading Arma 2 from steam and I was wondering if anyone has any tips while its loading. I have a logitech g5 mouse so im wondering what i should use my 2 side mouse buttons for if anyone has any advice or suggestions that would be great!

Re: Downloading!!!

I would bind one of those to free look which is Left Alt by default.

Comment

TS push to talk.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
        TS push to talk.
        I have the G5 and this is what I chose to do as well.

Welcome to ArmA 2.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I use mine for reload and switch to handgun.

Comment

Alright well its downloaded I've done some bootcamp and I've been playing single player just waiting until I'm ready for online. If anyone wants to help my xfire is kratisto12 (totalkaos12 is my account name) just hit me up if not see you soon on the tg server.

Comment

Hop on ts and tell everyone your new, we will help. If you haven't please take the time to read our SOP's, they are heavily enforced.
              Probably want to read all of them.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...uncements.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1307933
              |TG|Ghost02
              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

welcome aboard mate. Hope to see you online soon. Just shout out and let everyone know you are new. Hopefully we can get you into a round of Domination for some easygoing play to get your feet wet.

I have a G5 but only with one mouse button. I use it to scroll through available weapons which I believe is the "F" key on the keyboard. Single shot, burst, M203 GL, hand grenade and what not. If I had a second mouse button I think I'd map it to push to talk or to the map.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I too have the equivalent of side-buttons (side-moving middle button), I map them : left side "TS push to talk"; Right side "Eject" (very handy); CTRL+Right side "Get Out" (you cannot eject when engines are off, this allow the use of the mouse button every time you want to exit a vehicle).
                  When deeds speak, words are nothing.
                  Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Comment

If u have a previous fps game u like to play id jus convert those controls over to Arma. Thats wut i did wit my COD controls.

Comment

I have one mouse thumb button set to reload, the other to Binoc's (IMO an officers most deadly weapon). Then have the left and right scroll click of the mouse wheel set to Direct and Command channels. Contemplated having those to lean, but will get more use in the comms, saves me changing channels as I have the rest mapped to my G hotkeys on my G15. Just need VON to work now....

I stole my layout from PR, where I have bandages and reload on my side, and Bayonet and mumble direct comms on my scroll wheel tilt.

Comment

I have my left side-button on my mouse set to hold breath - by default every time you hold right mouse you hold breath, which isn't good if you want to zoom to look around (and you will, trust me). Makes it convenient for shooting.

Also left ctrl + 2xE for Eject - messing around with the action menu when you've got seconds to live isn't desirable ;)

Comment

Hm I decided to go for it, since I've got a new colleague who happens to play. Downloading from steam too.

Comment

You wont regreat!!

ArmA2 is just awesome.

Comment

bind one of those two mouse buttons to compass... Because you will encounter a lot of direction calling and bearing. K which is default might be inconvenient.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X