Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline steam arma 2

Hey guys.

Where i live the internet can randomly go down for a few hours at a time, usually once every month. I was wondering does anyone know a way to play the steam version of arma2 without being connected to the net? It happened yesterday afternoon, and i wasnt to contempt playing Co-Op DCX when i could have been playing arma2 single player :(

Cheers
    Nihility

Re: Offline steam arma 2

restart steam in offline mode and i think that should be all you need to do

Comment

Doesnt let me. I try open steam with no net connection and it just goes into its connection box for 5 mins then says "YOU SHALL NOT PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!" ...well the equivalent of that <<.
      Nihility

Comment

it doesnt come up with a message saying start in offline mode?
        because it should do.

Comment

it doesnt come up with a message saying start in offline mode?
          because it should do.

Comment

Nope just tells me it cannot connect and then closes itself.
            Ive tried running the arma2.exe and that also tries to run steam....mayhaps a bit of tinkering with the .exe methinks.....
            Nihility

Comment

I just did a test. Disabled my lan, and started up steam. Gave me option to start in offline mode. I did so, then launched arma without problem. I do recall having some odd experiences with offline mode steam in the past. I don't like steam but only way to get arma 2 w/out securom. If it wasn't arma I just would have skipped the purchase. Back on topic though, keep trying. It is possible. I just did it.
              -John

Comment

Start Steam in online mode. Make sure ArmA2 is fully updated. Play ArmA2 for a few minutes.

Exit the game. From the File menu in Steam, choose to log-out and switch users. Do so, and log in again with your Steam ID.

From File, choose to Go Offline.

Wait for Steam to log you in as offline. You should be good to go. Rinse and repeat whenever a new update arrives so that your game files stay up-to-date, and in the future all you'll need to do is start Steam with Offline enabled.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X