Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimum engagement range on Javelin and Metis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum engagement range on Javelin and Metis?

I was fooling around with the Javelin a week ago and found that within about 100-150 meters my missile would apparently hit the tank and detonate, but the tank would take no damage. Once I backed up to ~300 meters the missiles hit and consistently disabled or destroyed the tank. Could anyone confirm that this is the case?

Re: Minimum engagement range on Javelin and Metis?

Theoretically, the closer you get to your target, the shallower your AOA is on the inbound missile. I can't for the life of me remember if it's modeled accurately in ArmA 2 yet (ACE, anyone?), but the Javelin should do its maximum (ie. lethal) amount of damage at ranges that allow it to come crashing down on top of the turret, rather than into the side of the armor.

Comment

I've popped armor from ranges that far exceed 300 meters with the javelin. In fact, I've never had that weapon fail to destroy a tank with a solid lock on the target. Granted I'm fairly new at the game, but it does seem to be the most reliable (and expensive :p) hand-held anti-tank option.

Comment

Noble, you misunderstand. Frank's having problems killing armor from closer than 300.

Comment

It was very short ranges that I was having issues with. I jumped into the tank after shooting it and didn't see any apparent damage at all.

Comment

Well wiki lists the Javelin's range as 75-2500m and the the Metis as 80-1500m.

Comment

Yes you have to be something like 100m away for the javelin, I'm not sure about the metis though ill have to test it out later.

Comment

Javelin I've found doesn't work under 200m (happens lots in domination) while the metis I've had work around 50m before.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X