Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good SP missions

Newbie here.

Does anyone know a good resource for downloading some nice single player scenarios to hone one's skills?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."- Gen. George S. Patton

Re: Good SP missions

armaholic.com has a great downloads section that includes lots of sp missions

Comment

Single player missions will work but the best thing to do is present yourself on TS. state you are new and asking to learn the ropes. People will happly have them tag along with you. We all had to be shown the ropes and the best way is to squad up with others.
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Just from my time the default scenarios, it feels like you're more along for the ride than anything. The AI really takes charge. Not worth the time in my opinion.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Having the AI command you is far better when starting out. I find getting to grips with SP is all about learning the menu to control the AI off by heart. During a firefight I find I'm directing the AI far more than firing my weapon just to keep them alive. SP is too much AI babysitting IMO. A good scenario I played recently was Cipher, as contact with the enemy was random enough to keep it interesting.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6789

Or just play the campaign as it gives a good learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by chaka View Post
            Having the AI command you is far better when starting out. I find getting to grips with SP is all about learning the menu to control the AI off by heart. During a firefight I find I'm directing the AI far more than firing my weapon just to keep them alive. SP is too much AI babysitting IMO. A good scenario I played recently was Cipher, as contact with the enemy was random enough to keep it interesting.
            It's like commanding or squad leading. lol. Though yeah, the AI is way too stupid sometimes. Though I don't really see the problems in the way the AI handles contacts its in the way they just walk from one place to another, you say follow me and start going and then you look behind and they're spread out everywhere and there's like always one guy just sitting back at where you started looking around going "whad I do?" Though I do like the concepts of some of the SP missions since they're generally all small and focus on a single squad, I do not like playing with the AI.

Comment

There's also the editor.

In a few short minutes you can slap together a scenario from ambushing a convoy (by land or air) to assaulting and capturing a well defended town.
              [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X