Apologies for my noob gameplay last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies for my noob gameplay last night

Well, rough first day. We were on a night mission last night and I discovered my primary problem right now is IFF... especially at night.

It seems I find myself looking at a guy too long and getting shot, or I think I have a bogey and shoot a friendly. Both happened once, nearly twice. I'll work on it guys. Sorry!
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."- Gen. George S. Patton

Re: Apologies for my noob gameplay last night

Trying>succeeding. While polite, your post is unneccesary at TG!

Comment

Originally posted by DickWinters View Post
      Well, rough first day. We were on a night mission last night and I discovered my primary problem right now is IFF... especially at night.

It seems I find myself looking at a guy too long and getting shot, or I think I have a bogey and shoot a friendly. Both happened once, nearly twice. I'll work on it guys. Sorry!
      Press spacebar while looking at someone. If it's green don't shoot.

Comment

I wish there wasn't a spacebar function like that, for me it's part of the gameplay having to think to determine whether what you're looking at is friend or foe - much like real life. But yea, that's all you have to do.

Comment

In real life you have alot more perception and other ways to IFF. There are some things in a game that need to make up for that.
          Arma has a steep learning curve as it is, and for someone to jump into the Bravo server from the start there is already alot to worry about.

I think it's a good tool for new players to use while they take the time to learn to IFF visualy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhowon View Post
            I wish there wasn't a spacebar function like that, for me it's part of the gameplay having to think to determine whether what you're looking at is friend or foe - much like real life. But yea, that's all you have to do.
            Yes, this is true, but unlike real life, the enemy always identifies you instantaneously, without thinking. Of course, this IS a video game, right?
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."- Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

If I were you, I would play a couple levels of the single player campaign sometime. Just to familiarize yourself with the characters and so on. Once you get used to the different factions you'll easily spot the difference between militia and marines at 400m.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                Trying>succeeding. While polite, your post is unneccesary at TG!
                Yes HOWEVER...

Congratulations DW on the style of post that we like to see from our members. Coming straight on and apologising for a few mistakes will get you a lot more friends on the battlefield than some spotty Oik that does not recognise respect to his gaming colleagues..

Well done sir... and the FF's will reduce!
                BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1 View Post
                  Yes HOWEVER...

Congratulations DW on the style of post that we like to see from our members. Coming straight on and apologizing for a few mistakes will get you a lot more friends on the battlefield than some spotty Oik that does not recognise respect to his gaming colleagues..

Well done sir... and the FF's will reduce!
                  Thanks. And I'm certain the FF's will indeed reduce, even if it means checking fire and taking a few extra rounds to the forehead. Still have some bad BF2/PR habits to shake off, like relying on those stupid name tags for so long.

Comment

Yes, this is true, but unlike real life, the enemy always identifies you instantaneously, without thinking. Of course, this IS a video game, right?
                    Not always actually. Though it may just be chalked up to AI stupidity and slowness, but I've had a couple times where I rounded a corner without looking(yeah yeah, don't do that) and the AI and me just staring at each other for a couple seconds before all hell breaks loose and we shoot each other.

And do we get free passes on such huge mistakes that they're just embarrassing? Lol. The guys in my squad last week probably remember our uphill assault across an open plain into a town... By the way, the giant rolls of hay don't provide as much cover as they did in Arma 1.

Comment

It's TG boys, we're all noobs at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        It's TG boys, we're all noobs at heart.
                        Speak for yourself rookie! ;)
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Thanks. And I'm certain the FF's will indeed reduce, even if it means checking fire and taking a few extra rounds to the forehead. Still have some bad BF2/PR habits to shake off, like relying on those stupid name tags for so long.
                          I already like this guy.

"someone pull up a chair for this guy and make room for him at the table."
                          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Winters, been fun to play with you yesterday. I am sure as time passes you will be one of those people look forward to be playing with in a squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1 View Post
                              Speak for yourself rookie! ;)
                              Then again, some of us are just PUNKS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse