Thanks for the help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the help!

Hey all, I wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful for my first few days in ArmA 2. To call out a few names of particularly helpful people, I want to thank Daniel, Ghost, Skin, Zedic, Scope, Socom, and Mosley. There have certainly been other helpful folks, but those guys have really helped me a lot and led by a fine example.

I also wanted to apologize - I just right now signed off of a very large scale night-time mission in which I was piloting a UH. Despite having spent a good three or four hours practicing landing and taking off in the Editor, it seemed like every time I touched down it would "tap", and shut down my rotors. I wrecked two fine choppers that way, and I feel like an idiot for it.

Anyway, here's to many more wrecked choppers. :-)

Also, I'll be there for the Infantry lesson tomorrow!
    Last edited by QuietRiots; 08-22-2009, 10:01 PM.
    "Armos virumque cano, ..."
    - Basic Infantry 8/23/09

Re: Thanks for the help!

Obviously you forgot to add my name to the list, but I'll forgive you this time. ; )

Nice to have you with us! Don't worry about the choppers, we have a big payroll.

Comment

That most egregious error has been fixed! Thanks much, Scope :-)
      - Basic Infantry 8/23/09

Comment

Actually, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any Transport-based SP missions? Right now for practice I just hop around the map, trying a slant here, trying a fast landing there. I think it'd be a lot of fun to have a SP mission where you play the transport and CAS while the AI does the actual mission. Particularly if you had to run AI all over the map to get to locations, much like how it goes in multiplayer missions.
        - Basic Infantry 8/23/09

Comment

QuietRiots from the little time I have spent with you, you have been a delight to play with. Everybody learns from some point. I am sure there will be time when you will be a well recognized team player in this community. Keep at it. I have been playing since Arma 1 and you will rarely see me piloting.

Comment

I was being sarcastic, Riots. I think the first time I've had a chance to play with you has been this evening's artillery-assisted Operation Ares. Thanks for the fire support mate!

Comment

No way scope, you and I have done a few maps together. I'm shocked you don't recall! Anyway, thanks for the kind words B, you were a great CO for Ares.
              - Basic Infantry 8/23/09

Comment

Hey QuietRiots, great arty tonight. Your shooting was spot on. In regards to landing helicopters, auto-hover is your best friend. Tap "\" twice to initiate it. You can then make minor adjustments without leaving hover. I used it my first time flying in Arma2 a couple nights ago on We Were Soldiers, and came through without losing a chopper.

Comment

Different Scope?

I was suffering from amnesia!

Where am I?

And where's my coat?

Comment

I'm getting *really good* with the MV22, I can't wait to fly a mission with an Osprey (or is it "Seagull" for the Marines?) in it. I've been practicing low-altitude and HALO jumping runs, going so far as to call out "Jump, Jump, Jump"... in the editor. Yeeeeaaah - I've got a sickness.

Thanks for the tip on the Autohover - I actually HAD been using that. I was just descending too quickly. I have to learn to take it easy. A landing that takes ten seconds longer is far, far better than a landing which ends in a wrecked helo.
                    - Basic Infantry 8/23/09

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...