For the server's not showing in the server list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the server's not showing in the server list

A simple little change of master server adress seem to be what is needed: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85096
    Last edited by Inkompetent; 08-27-2009, 01:13 PM. Reason: Argh. Cannot fix the headline spelling :(

Re: For the server's not showing in the server list

So this fix they are talking about is client side or something that needs to be done on the sever side?

We have a crawling traffic on the servers right now. I think it is because of this problem and our server being affected by it.

Comment

That's for the server config, so that it uses the correct master server for the in-game browser. Nothing that we clients have to bother about, but it should mean we won't need to use remote connection to find the server anymore :)

Comment

I still have the odd problem that I can't find the servers when filtering for tacticalgamer.com
        I didn't have this problem 2 weeks ago (before my holiday), but now I am not able to find the servers. (I tried searching for 'tactical', 'tacticalgamer' and 'tacticalgamer.com'.

Comment

It is *probably* because GameSpy has changed the adress to the ArmA2 master server. No one can find the TG servers in the in-game browser, and they are invisible on for example http://arma2.swec.se/server/list as well.

Seems on the BIS forums that not all of the servers fixed the problem by changing the adress they report to, but those that didn't fix it by changing it seem to have fixed it by simply commenting out the whole reportIP line. I guess the server automatically creates a new one if that's done?

Comment

At least it's good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem. I hope it will be fixed soon as I'm currently unable to join one of the 2 servers.

Comment

You should be able to join both through remote connection. Their IP adress is in the information field for the main ArmA2 channel in TeamSpeak. Just note that Bravo doesn't have the default port.

Comment

Okay thanks forthe tip mate! :-) I'll try the remote connection to join the server.

Additional note: duh, I've just read the other topic explaining how to deal with this problem by using the 'remote connection'-solution.
                Seems I was a bit hasty and should search a bit better next time..:-)

Comment

servers should be back in the server lists now

Comment

I haven't checked in-game, but I can confirm that I see them at http://arma2.swec.se/server/list now, which I didn't do before :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X