Problem finally fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem finally fixed

I fixed the long time issue I was having with performance in ArmA 2. I genuinely think now that it is a driver issue.

To explain my problem, I was getting an average of about 20 fps anywhere on Chernarus and in cities I was getting an average of 10. I couldn't even play missions with grass/vegetation turned on due to very low performance.

I have an Asus M2N-SLI mobo
    4GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR2 Memory
    2.4 Ghz Dual Core AMD processor
    EVGA NVidia GTX 260 video card

My resolution you ask? I was running Windows 7 64 bit RC before.

I formatted my HDD and installed XP Pro 32 bit. Wala -- I get more than 20 fps in cities with max grass and vegetation on clean install.

My settings are on Very High.

Re: Problem finally fixed

Nothing like a good HDD format and a complete reinstalled to double your systems performance. Even if you use the same copy of windows you always notice a huge boost.

Comment

Yeah thats what im gonna do once i get an external Hard Drive, dont wanna loose my music! (again!!)
      Nihility

Comment

yeah, i have a 2 TB HD I plan on moving all my stuff to, but always too busy playing eve l4d or arma2 :D

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
          yeah, i have a 2 TB HD I plan on moving all my stuff to, but always too busy playing eve l4d or arma2 :D
          A complete wipe is certainly effective but it takes a while till all the software has been installed and your OS is configured again to your liking.
          Ofcourse this time investement pays itself back in a nice performance increase. In between I'm using a program like auslogics boostspeed to keep my pc clean and optimised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X