Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG to Adopt the CAA1 Project?

Hey guys,

Most of the ArmA 2 guys probably know me or atleast have seen me around. The CAA1 Public Release has taken place a few days ago. And This allows ArmA 1 maps to be played in ArmA 2.

I have downloaded and installed this addon and it is great. The ArmA 1 islands with ArmA 2 graphics is just phenomenal.

I am hoping that Maybe we can get another server, or maybe the Bravo server or SOMETHING can be done for us to play with the CAA1 addon for those who are kind of tired of Chernarus.

If you'd like to try out this addon you can download it here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7006

I am really enjoying myself playing in Avgani. And I think the rest of us should too. New Island. New missions. More options. More Fun. And that's what TG is all about.

Please post your idea on this. And if you would like to play on the new islands :)

Kind Regards,

PCLiPSE

Re: TG to Adopt the CAA1 Project?

No. Not yet. Things will be around soon I think.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Personally never liked sahrani, thought the terrain ver unreal and not ideal for firefights... Especially tvt.

Comment

Yeah the ArmA1 maps were quite boring and made it hard to make any interesting missions. The map just doesn't make any sense.
        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I prefered it. It had every terrain you wanted, and some of the cities were very well made. Prefered it over Chernarus or Utes, which are very repititive. I think Sahrani's a beginner's map, though the northern hemisphere of it is beautiful.

Comment

The Sahrani island was like a person who couldn't make up what it wanted to be. Yeah it had everything but each part was very small and it just felt wierd to be in a nice vegetated area and then suddenly thrown into a desert. Yeah some of the cities were nice but then each became repetitive as well. I welcome Avgani and that other place but that's it for me. I love Chernarus(SP) and i hope to see a community MOD person find a way to put Chernarus and Utes into one map.... that would be epic.
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I think the thrown into another area was usually a map maker's mistake. Chernarus is all so similar for it's size. I dont see the point of a 225km squared place when all it's just trees and hills. Avgani and Afghan were good because of there size which also usually used most of it, and Sahrani had the feel of a conventional 1st world country with motorways, bridges and also offshore islands for amphibious invasion's. It may not be realistic, but for a map maker it was alot more useful than chernarus which I see as very stock and set in it's ways.

Comment

How well does Avgani and Aghan Village work in Arma 2?

I was initially hoping for a port by the author himself, but now that he has quit the project in rebellion to BI, I dont think its gonna happen.

Theres one thing I like about Sahrani in Arma 2: the performance. Its pretty good.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Avgani works perfectly fine. I never tried Afghan village. I'll look for a download link. I mean I have so many great ideas for Avgani.

We don't have to play Sahrani. But there's still Porto, Rahmadi and those other maps.

Comment

I tried Sahrani and Avangi/Afghan and schamfelden, while they look good they have a strange bug. Some buildings would have a shadow going through the ground which you could see from across the map. The only map that did not have this issue was Razani N. Waziristan (which is a very nice map btw) link here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5055
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Avgani with Desert Mercenaries by SchnapsdroSel would be great

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                        Avgani with Desert Mercenaries by SchnapsdroSel would be great
                        Ahh good point.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                          Ahh good point.

And SLX if possible :p

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                            And SLX if possible :p
                            Not before SLX actually works, I hope. :P

Quite bugged at the moment.

Comment

It works better than you think. I do CTD though, due to the AI.
                              |TG|Ghost02
                              TG Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X