Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing as a rookie

Well hi there guys.
    I am pretty new on this forum and i was wondering what to do.
    Just got the full version of ArmA 2 and since i am not that familiar with the game i am just doing some singleplyer missions. But i miss the onteractivity with other players.
    So i was wondering if it was a good idea to get on one of the servers and tag along as some cannon fodder?

Greetz
    Nixie

Re: Playing as a rookie

you have found the right place to start.First thing isto read TG SOP's to see how we operate as a gamer community. I f you haven already done so, download Teamspeak, we use that for comms and you need comms to play on our servers. at the top of the foums page you will ee a pull down menue for TS, it will show you how to setup. Once on team speak tell them that you are new and someone will help you out. Dont be afraid to ask questions in TS and on our forum, If you really get stuck ask an admin. just jump in and play along , follow orders as a team mate and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply :-)
      I've already done the reading and most of it sounded like common sense and obvious behaviour against other people, so i think i will pass for that test ;)

so i just need to setup the Teamspeak than

greetz

Comment

Welcome Nixie. Look for me in TS or in game anytime. I'd be glad to squad up with you and show you the ropes.

Currently there is a bug in the MP server list due to a game spy config problem. This means the TG servers aren't getting listed so unless you put in the IP address you won't find them.

Here are the IP's. They are also located in another ARMA subforum but this will save you time.

Server 1 Alpha IP: 64.34.178.169, Port: 2302
        Server 2 Bravo IP: 64.34.178.169, Port: 2312

Look for a Domination mission running on our server. This is a persistent mission with multiple targets and objectives that can last for days on end. Players can come and go day by day until the mission is reset or is completed. Domination is much loosely structured than most of the coop missions we run and will allow you to get the feel for the game before getting hot and heavy into specialized roles or coop action. It's a great mission for newbies and old timers alike as you can really ramp up your organization or tone it down to get some solo practice time in.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I thought they had fixed that problem... my bad

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...rver-list.html

Servers should appear now..... wouldn't know myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
              Welcome Nixie. Look for me in TS or in game anytime. I'd be glad to squad up with you and show you the ropes.

Currently there is a bug in the MP server list due to a game spy config problem. This means the TG servers aren't getting listed so unless you put in the IP address you won't find them.

Here are the IP's. They are also located in another ARMA subforum but this will save you time.

Server 1 Alpha IP: 64.34.178.169, Port: 2302
              Server 2 Bravo IP: 64.34.178.169, Port: 2312

Look for a Domination mission running on our server. This is a persistent mission with multiple targets and objectives that can last for days on end. Players can come and go day by day until the mission is reset or is completed. Domination is much loosely structured than most of the coop missions we run and will allow you to get the feel for the game before getting hot and heavy into specialized roles or coop action. It's a great mission for newbies and old timers alike as you can really ramp up your organization or tone it down to get some solo practice time in.

Well thanks alot for the help :)
              Allready looked up the ip's for the server on the forum, got them rather quickly, guess i am lucky :p

Been playing on the alpha server a little, got the TS working finally...
              But now the ingame sound is gone. Should be solved after a reboot :)
              Was fun so for and i'll be back tomorrow :)

greetz
              Nixie

Edit: still need to change the ingame nick from Arno to Nixie though

Comment

Originally posted by Nixie View Post
                Edit: still need to change the ingame nick from Arno to Nixie though
                You'll have to create a new in-game profile for that though, just so that you know. One can unfortunately not edit the name on the default profile.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X