Changes to Bravo server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Bravo server

OK guys, Bravo server is now running the 58972 beta. This can be downloaded here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

This patch so far *SEEMS* to be a fix for VON, however it is early days. To test/get to play with VON on Bravo server, you need to install the afore mentioned patch and jump in game. IF you get any bugs or crashes where you normally would not, please do not hesitate to post here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...read-dump.html

Now to make it work, let me make this clear, both Server and Client have to be running this beta patch, so get it installed and get it working. Anyone who joins without the beta patch installed may crash, and may indeed crash the server, so if you notice them join feel free to direct them to this thread to solve any issues. Happy testing/talking, here is to a (potentially) fixed VON finally!

PASSWORD CHANGE ON BRAVO SERVER: working?
    Last edited by Jeepo; 09-05-2009, 02:01 PM.

Re: Changes to Bravo server

Great!!

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Does this mean with the new patch we can't play on Alpha no more?

Comment

Alpha is fine, but let me know if you experience issues. No VON on alpha yet, I want to see how it goes with Bravo.

Comment

So we can still play on the Alpha server even though we have this new patch right?

Comment

Should be able to. No guarantees on VON though...
            BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

alrighty. As long as I can revert back. Thanks man :P

Comment

Anyone who joins without the server may crash,
                Might want to fix that sentence jeepo, dont make sense to me anyways :P

BTW, if your trying to download the beta patch using google chrome: dont bother. it gives an error, apparently chrome dont handle FTP links well. Use firefox or IE instead, they work, just a headsup on problem I experienced.

Comment

Late night and early morning = typo. Good catch, fixed.

Comment

PCLiPSE,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "revert back" so I'm gonna try the shotgun approach here.

If it's the first time you are installing one of the weekly betas, you'll find that it creates a new folder called "beta" and places the beta executable in there. This method leaves the regular 1.03 exe untouched. Furthermore, the install creates a separate "beta" shortcut on your desktop. No need to revert at all - just click the regular link for 1.03 or the beta shortcut for the beta.

If you are worried about reverting back to a previous version of the beta - not sure why, but anyway - best bet would be to rename the beta folder to beta58968 or whatever the build version is and revise the beta shortcut to point to the renamed folder. At that point, you can install the 58972 build and it'll create a new beta folder. If you've installed the 58972 over the 58968 beta build, stepping back can only be achieved by deleting the beta folder and re-d/l'ing the desired build from BI.

Hoping this is somewhat more clear than mud,

BoD
                    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Note to everyone, when setting up your beta shortcut DO NOT go into your beta folder in your directory and make a shorcut of the exe file. There will be a pre created shortcut in your ArmA directory called "Lauch ArmA2 beta patch" simply copy that shortcut and put it on your desktop.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Sweet move! Will definitely help testing this :)

Comment

OK we have encountered two crashes this morning and I suspect it i people trying to connect without the BETA patch installed... between 8am pdt and 10am pdt we had a crah roughly once an hour otherwise seems stable.... I think therefore a password change is needed therefore people have to READ that they need the patch before connecting...
                          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Does this download all the betas in one download or is this just the von fix?

Comment

They all full releases. Downloaded the latest only and you are set.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X