Got a question about how Arma 2.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a question about how Arma 2.

Hey guys/girls! I've been playing the Arma 2 demo for a few days and watching videos of your most recent major campaign (going to buy a copy of PC Gamer just to read about it). I think I've been sold on Arma2 and I'll probably be picking it up this weekend.

I pretty much want to know how a game of Arma2 plays out. Is it pvp or do 50+ people go up against Veteran/Elite AI? That is just one question I have. I'm very excited about playing this game, watching your videos just tipped me over the edge and now I have to play it with you all, but I have some pretty tough exams this week and I have to force myself not to buy it until Friday. So that is why I'm asking how a game of TG Arma2 plays out, to hopefully hold me over for a few more days. :)
    sigpic

Re: Got a question about how Arma 2.

Welcome to the ARMA 2 forums Jetheren.

To describe it as a "game of ARMA 2" is not quite accurate. Most of the play on the TG servers is done in cooperative missions pitting humans against AI. There are some player vs. player missions as well but for the most part most nights you'll see the coop missions prevailing.

A typical weeknight on the TG servers draws anywhere from 10-30 players usually and weekends and special events will have 30 + consistently.

The coop missions are made mostly by the TG community with a few others imported in from other popular mission makers. Each mission is unique. Some are small infantry only or spec op affairs while others involve larger scale combined arms. Missions last usually at least 45 minutes and can last up to 3 or 4 hours for the longer ones.

Some of the missions allow you to join in progress while others don't. TG has two servers and I'll typically join the other server and start a round of Domination while I wait for the other server to finish so I can join in.

Domination is a persistent coop mission that can last for days if not restarted. This mission tasks soldiers to assault and conquer a preset number of cities on the main map and also offers additional side missions of various nature. As a new player Domination is great place to get your sea legs for more tightly structured coop missions.

Look for me in game or on Team speak and I'd be glad to show you the ropes.

Please read up on the server SOP's, especially about comm's. Of course tell people you are new and we'll make sure you get taken care of but needless radio chatter is a big enjoyment killer for the coop missions and radio discipline is highly necessary. Read up on what in game comm channels do what and please follow the sop's. Unless you are in a command position you only need to confirm orders and give contact reports to your Fire Team Leader. Most of your time should be spent in "direct" chat. This means only the soldiers within a few meters of you (theoretically) hear you.

It's easier than it sounds but I just wanted to stress it. Welcome aboard.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Re: Got a question about how Arma 2.

Thanks a lot! It sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to play with you all this weekend. I'll post an official hello in the stickyed thread above.
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X