Friday night game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday night game?

Does anybody here want to organize a regular Friday night game? We could do this without adminstrative support, but it would, of course, be welcome. The fact is, that some people really can't make it on Sunday's, do to work or school, and currently there are no Sunday events even running, so.. Maybe we can all come together and brainstorm on this little idea?

Re: Friday night game?

Sunday events don't run Sunday and the with ArmA1, Blackdog held TGIF events where the masses would gather to play missions.

Bringing back TGIF events for ArmA2 is easy, all that needs to happen is that people step up to want to participate and friday's could be as large as Sundays.

Sunday events are special because of all the pre-planning that occurs and how tight the roster is kept. TGIF was just people popping into TS at a certain time and either PvP missions were played or some of the larger COOPs.

You do not need any administration help since a sign up list is not created and none of the servers need to be shut down.

The problem is that people are not motivated to create special nights other then Sunday Events which was created by the administration. The admins have done there part and are doing it all the time, it's up to the community to want to have other special nights and show the support for them.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I would reccomend making it Bi-weekly, opposite weeks to the Sunday event. Host too many TGIF Friday's in a short amount of time and no-one cares about them.

Comment

Why would no one care about TGIF events if they happen every friday. The events are dependent on how many are interested on any given Friday.

Before we show no interest in something, lets see who's FIRST interested in having TGIF nights. Everyone needs to voice some kind of opinion or your just not going to get your worth in gameplay here at TG.
        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Im towards this iniciative.
          Sundays are still good for me, but having also the option of fridays can only make it better (being perfect if/when one can attend to both)

By the way, back in the days when I played Swat4 i had a tight group of friends and we thought out something we called "live-ops". It was about planning a particular mission for one week, and then the mission on the following one would be influenced by the outcome of the first one.
          Things like injured soldiers or casualties not being able to follow it up, or different gear and intel advantages (or disadvantages), depending on the result, would tend to make the games very realistic aswell.

Its a serious thing though, and would demand quite a dose of organisation, but I just point it out in case it can be interesting or useful for what you have in mind.

In any case though, i would assist these friday nights for sure.
          Leave no man behind.

Comment

I'm all for it. I've been playing here for a little over 2 weeks and haven't been part of, or seen a post for an organized event yet (I just missed the PC Gamer mission).

Also, Fridays are almost always good for me and Sundays rarely.
            The Don Abides...

Comment

I'm all for it as it would bring in more players, but sadly I could rarely attend.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                Why would no one care about TGIF events if they happen every friday. The events are dependent on how many are interested on any given Friday.

Before we show no interest in something, lets see who's FIRST interested in having TGIF nights. Everyone needs to voice some kind of opinion or your just not going to get your worth in gameplay here at TG.
                People won't care because they become common, the exact reason the Sunday events are held Bi-weekly IIRC. If you have a sale of 50% off once, it will be more visited than a 50% off every other day, because it's special. Too much of something and it becomes underappreciated.

Comment

Such events can be sorted out by starting a single thread in the general forum.
                  Whoever was interested in joining the server on a particular time & date posted their intent on the relavant forum.

I think ArmA1 had it. Why not in ArmAII?

While most of us can attend the sunday events, some can't simply due to work/real life issues.
                  More events the better. Provided the quality aren't effected.

EDIT:
                  By having an unoffical sign up time, it will lessen admins workload as well.
                  Afterall, as far as I can understand. It is the number count issue/turn out issue. Not the assignment of roles prior to the mission/game launch or other issues involved in the Sunday night events.
                  Also should some poor guy/gal missed the game/mission launch, he/she has the option to play on our other server until such game/mission is over. (this is for non-JIP game type)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

if you want to organise something just post in the admin thread, il even give you a link!
                    we would be more than willing to help organise an event on a friday if you feel that you can do it :)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...contact-admin/

^
                    |
                    |
                    |

look its the link i promised!

Comment

Or we could just get a new thread in arma2 like the one we had in arma1: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...t-version.html

I know it's not the same thing, but it's always a good way to have some nice games with TG regulars, or at least it was...
                      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

^
                        What I meant in previous post.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                          ^
                          What I meant in previous post.
                          Sorry lowspeed didn't read everything :p
                          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Lets do it man! You can just post your own event sign up! Start a post let people know you want to group players for an unofficial Friday night game, set the time and tell people to reply for the "sign up". There ya go!
                            Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Tomorrow is Friday, anytime after 8pm EST is cool with me.
                              The Don Abides...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X