Favorite Arma2 Weapon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Arma2 Weapon?

Most of my real life weapon experience involved carbines and pistols. During my time in-game, I find that I am always equiping the SPR12 scoped. Love that weapon. Kind of wish there were more pistols to choose from. It would be great to utilize a FN five seven or maybe a revolver or something.

What do you normally load out with? Aside from "Whatever the mission requires" of course.

Semper TG

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Favorite Arma2 Weapon?

If I had preference I like the m24 or m16 acog.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

That would be the ol' 1911. Personal favorite pistol, big'n'heavy so works well at pounding nails, boat anchor, etc... one drawback is that it is slightly more accurate when thrown at a hostile, depriving one of follow-up shots!
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Originally posted by BarnacleofDoom View Post
        That would be the ol' 1911. Personal favorite pistol, big'n'heavy so works well at pounding nails, boat anchor, etc... one drawback is that it is slightly more accurate when thrown at a hostile, depriving one of follow-up shots!
        lol, thats true. I have heard that the 1911 has the ability to stop a boat from moving when properly used.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I imagine a few .45s to the engine would do that.

Honestly though I can only say my favorites. No single favorite.

M16 RCO as far as ARs go.
          M240 for sheer firepower.
          DMR as a good.. well, DMR.

I imagine once ACE 2 comes around I'll ditch the M16 RCO for a 7.62 AR, as the wounding system always makes you appreciate the extra power, but the others will probably stay the same unless I replace the DMR with another M14/M21 variant.

Comment

Mk12 SPR + Beta C mags = WIN!

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

If they ever get around to allowing the red dot sight to be used again, I'd say the G36. It's great both at long and short ranges what with full-auto mode (if you have the red dot) and seems quite accurate without much recoil. The clear mag is cool too, and should be genuinely useful once ACE2 rolls around.

Then again I really like the Mk 48 - like a SAW but the 7.62 rounds pack a greater punch and go farther, but it's still awesome up close with the aimpoint. It's like carrying around a proper MG but with greater versatility.

Others:

Ak-107 - Just a nice assault rifle with low recoil even on full auto
              DMR - Looks great and performs great :)
              AKM - No real reason, I just like how it feels simple and powerful
              M4A1 - Can't really go wrong for anything under long range, handles very well

Comment

When we played ACE 1, my favorite weapon was using M16 variants with 20-round Stanag magazines for the step up in power from the 30-round mags.

However, my current favorite ArmA2 weapon has to be the M136 AT-4 with bert/beta's disposable AT-4 script. It makes the weapon so useful with easy accessibility due to the rocket not taking up any inventory space.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                  When we played ACE 1, my favorite weapon was using M16 variants with 20-round Stanag magazines for the step up in power from the 30-round mags.
                  What was the difference between the 20 and 30 aside from the obvious round number?
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

In ACE hostiles went down with less hits when shot with a 20-round STANAG than from a 30-round STANAG.

I'm not really sure why or if this would be generally true in reality, must... find... GUN EXPERT!

| |

Comment

M16A2+M203. Clean and simple, use the 203 for those hard to reach bad guys, to mark targets with ground markers or to light up the night.

Comment

The difference between 20 rd. magazines and 30 rd. magazines (STANAG = Standardization Agreement, basically a magazine of NATO recognized rounds) is.... the 30 rd. magazine carries 10 more rounds of 5.56 than the 20 rd. magazine. That's it.

It sounds like they mixed up the ammunition type in the code or something.

Comment

whenever i can, i equip an m4 with the MG36 100rd mag. i dunno why it works but it does so thats what i do =p
                          sigpic
                          excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

Plain ol' M16A2. Clean weapon that doesn't obscure the view, good sights, and good accuracy. Works like a charm both in open terrain and close, urban combat.

Comment

From ACE, I loved the M14 SOPMOD/ELCAN for its sheer stopping power and accuracy, coupled with a G18C for close-quarters urban combat and an M72 LAW for armored targets.

In ArmA2, I prefer the Designated Marksman Rifle for pretty much the same qualities - decent magazine size with high rate-of-fire and the ability to knock a target at range. If I'm doing any kind of standardized work, however, I'd rather pack an M16A4 with M203/ACOG attachments and a healthy supply of smoke grenades.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X