Just bought the game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought the game!

Well i bought the game yesterday after trying the demo and I liked it :)

but Im very lost ingame and most server i joined had people just like me turning around the base...... Tough ive been able to learn a few basic things like objectives and teleport, im still a "noob", and i didnt liked the servers i joined except one ( the legion of spartan or something like this) they teach me a few things but thats about it and ive not seen much action or teamwork.

Anyway after reading a bit on the TG forum, ive saw that we need the beta patch 1.04 to play on the server is that right? cause i just patched completly to 1.04..........

if anyone could help me with the basic of arma 2 multiplayer i would deeply appreciated, and also about the addon, ive installed the VOPsound 2.1 cause some people recommend it to me but i dont know about the other addons.

Could anyone help a noob please?
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Re: Just bought the game!

Welcome!
    The TG server is an excellent place to learn to play because the single player game teaches you nothing of multiplayer. Unfortunatly the majority of online servers have little to no team work and alot of lone wolfing. The TG server normally starts to fill up around 7pm GMT till late. The american side normally start joining in about 11pm GMT and this is when TG starts running proper missions. My in game name is Arcto and if you see me dont be afraid to ask for some help! The ingame VON is running now so we could go into a quiet corner and use direct chat as not to disturb gameplay.

Again, Welcome! :D
    Nihility

Comment

You do not need any beta patches, they are optional. They were required for a bit but those were 1.03 beta patches.

Comment

hey davey, welcome to TG !

First off, read some of our SOPs to get an idea of how we play

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...uncements.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ncements-sops/

Hop on the TS channel and come say hello, you'll find plenty of people to show you the ropes
        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Raz is correct, you only need the 1.04 version you patched to already. Hop on the server and don't be afraid to ask questions. Most importantly, have some fun.

As for addons, while the sound is a good start, don't worry about anything else until you've played the game. Most addons, including the sound, are for the player's preference. Sure a lot of people recommend some, but I suggest try the game without any first and then read what each addon does and decide if you really want the change. Your game time will be easier with less addons.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Great for learning the basic things of Arma 2. Everything the manual doesnt cover. Everything else you pick up as you go along. The only thing I would reccomend is playing with some of the weapons in the editor. To do this, double click and place a rifleman, then go into the empty tab and place the US ammo crates once the rifleman has been placed

Comment

Dave played with you yesterday. I thought you were a seasoned player. You handled yourself very well and you were a very teamwork oriented player. Welcome to TG. I am glad you found us

Comment

Use the editor to test weapons? Surly just use the armory, that's what its for. You can unlock all the weapons armory by editing a line in your ArmA2profile found under:

C:\Users\*Your name*\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\*Profile name*

and changing the line to:

armoryPoints=10000;

Comment

I prefer the editor when testing anything at all because it allows me to take full contol of the test situation.Types of targets, distances etc can all be set at will.

Comment

The armory is kind of stupid to be honest. I guess it was the product of someone bored at the BIS office one day, because sometimes it thinks sending a tank at you is a good test of an AK-47 and a squad of infantry a good target for an AT missile. And I haven't looked too far into it but it seems those challenges just keep coming no matter what you do, leaving little else to do than shoot at trees and other scenery.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X