Caa1 - do it!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caa1 - do it!!!!!!!!

I downloaded yesterday the CAA1 mod..... I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU ALL DO SO! TODAY!!!! :D

Kju has done a truly superb job converting the basic ArmA 1 maps for ArmA2. In short... I get 25FPS in ArmA2 Chernarus MAX...on Sahrani I have had up to 45FPS!!! It has given Sahrani a whole new lease of life to me and is like seeing an old friend again...

Also you get Porto the Queens Gambit little map and the US Army models...

I have also loaded in Avgani and Afghan Village...all work well, apart from these OPX maps which get a very minor horizon error, but it actually makes the sky look like distant rain...

Here is the link for the CAA1 Mod.... it is a self extracting file and will create a nice shortcut on your desktop.... VERY VERY nice!
    http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/...wnloadReleases

Pics Below....

I can see me converting some of my old missions very soon!!! After a short test, the AI in Avgani are freaking evil!!! They really flank aggresively and hunt you down....!

I have made this a "MADATORY" mod download for the 22nd..... I highly encourage you all to do the same....

:D
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Caa1 - do it!!!!!!!!

I really hope TG would adapt CAA1 so I could do something about these awesome maps I've downloaded. :)
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

If you use Yoma's Addon Sync tool, there is already a new patch for this that includes the MH6 and AH6 Littlebirds and a few more additions ....

I used the primary download methos and have asked Kju if a patch will be released or whether it is better to use Yoma's sync tool. I suspect it may just be easier for everyone to get used to using the Sync tool as that way, TG may be able to simply issue a mods list that you select from the tool...and presto....your good to go..
      BlackDog1

Comment

Landing on the wreck off the coast of Porto is quite fun....you have to be careful with the rotors though... :D

BlackDog1

Comment

We are already in the process of looking at a TG mod pack..........

Comment

I know... But for people to enjoy a new element now, there is no reason why they should not have a look at this.. likewise Yoma's addon tool, that way as and when the TG Mod Pack is decided...they simply select from the Yoma's tool and good to go...

More importantly... the 22nd is going to have this as a mandatory download as we will create some missions using the maps and so outside of what TG does as a whole, if people wanted to join us (the 22nd) on a squad game night... they might need this to play.
            BlackDog1

Comment

Does this include the old ACE island pack, Avignon in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_262 View Post
                Does this include the old ACE island pack, Avignon in particular?
                Nope... But you download them into the addons folder as I did for the OPX map and they should work..
                BlackDog1

Comment

Note that I'm pretty sure Opteryx asked for all downloads of Afghan/Avgani be put down, because he got mad at BIS about something or somesuch. I dunno for sure. I never really knew what happened, just the repercussions.
                  'Tis a shame, they were great maps.

Comment

He apparently got mad at BIS' lack of support for modders (bad editing tools, etc.) and then started posting really odd, abrasive replies in random threads on the BI forum, then left for good. That was what I gleaned from his post history anyway. Kind of sad, <insert what I've said about an Avgani remake before>, etc., not sure if there are going to be any other desert maps besides Takistan... there's "Sands" by Gnat in the addons discussion board right now, but it seems to be oriented towards airplane combat.

CAA looks useful though!

Comment

Originally posted by LT. Razgriz View Post
                      Note that I'm pretty sure Opteryx asked for all downloads of Afghan/Avgani be put down, because he got mad at BIS about something or somesuch. I dunno for sure. I never really knew what happened, just the repercussions.
                      'Tis a shame, they were great maps.
                      Ah yes.... but if you had already downloaded them... ;) I am sure we can convince him to join the party again! So you heard the man.... get on the Bis forum and PM Opteryx.....show him some love! :D

Besides...in light of Operation Arrowhead, If he was cheesed off at BiS....surely he would be re-releasing these maps, oh shall we say..... for fun! ;)
                      BlackDog1

Comment

Props to Kju for having done this, and to BIS for allowing it. Very sporting of them to do so, considering the content contained.

As far as Yoma's tool goes - it's excellent, and their usage of it for this particular mod is great. Simplifies things for everyone, plus it has a nice server monitor/launcher ability that you can customize to load different mod sets for each server you frequent. It really does make the whole process go much more smoothly, particularly when mods are being updated frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1 View Post
                          Ah yes.... but if you had already downloaded them... ;) I am sure we can convince him to join the party again! So you heard the man.... get on the Bis forum and PM Opteryx.....show him some love! :D

Besides...in light of Operation Arrowhead, If he was cheesed off at BiS....surely he would be re-releasing these maps, oh shall we say..... for fun! ;)
                          His BIS forums account is suspended ;D

But yeah I've already been using CAA1 and OPX for a while toying about and stuff.
                          Haven't been playing much A2 though. As much as I love ArmA I have to be in the mood for it.
                          Always do come crawling back to it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. Razgriz View Post
                            His BIS forums account is suspended ;D
                            Yes that's a great shame....

However...I suspect he'll be back! ;)
                            BlackDog1

Comment

Yay, now we get 60 bazillion Afghan/Avgani desert missions!

...sigh...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X