The new Alpha settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Alpha settings

Hey guys, great game last night on Operation Unicorn, I think it's the first time I've seen it get that far, it does suck that extraction was 3-4 KM away from us though. Hopefully Blackdog can revise the extraction point or give us a means to get there a tad bit faster (pretty sure it's Blackdog's mission).

Anyways, back on topic. I'm really digging the new Alpha settings. I find it a lot more realistic the way it's setup now. We still get to see our groups with the little square things, which is very nice, considering it could be very hard to keep together otherwise, and we still get map functionality, which I also think is a great thing for CO-OP gameplay. The crosshairs were definitely a good thing to get rid of. I think just by getting rid of those it made it that much more immersion. I can see how some people don't like being only in first person, especially for vehicles, but for me, I think it just adds to the realism.

So what does everyone else think?

Re: The new Alpha settings

Thanks for the feedback. I simply used the settings I had been tweaking for Bravo on Alpha. I never received much in the way of feedback from people regarding those, so feel free to let me know impressions in here....

Comment

Yes the extraction is supposed to be that far. That mission is designed for how we play in the 22nd when we have our own private events. The idea is to not have an extraction point right by your final objective. Even if you don't have any contacts between your final objective and the extraction, you don't play thinking that but instead play as if anything could arise. I suppose the mission was a little too hardcore Blackdog :P.

Im sure he could adjust the mission for the rest of the players here.
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

It is indeed a hardcore BD1 22ND mission. We like it that way!

Comment

If recruit mode could be turned to the old regular that was on Alpha that would be fantastic, I HATE those stupid red circles and white circles that appear on everything!

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
            Yes the extraction is supposed to be that far. That mission is designed for how we play in the 22nd when we have our own private events. The idea is to not have an extraction point right by your final objective. Even if you don't have any contacts between your final objective and the extraction, you don't play thinking that but instead play as if anything could arise. I suppose the mission was a little too hardcore Blackdog :P.

Im sure he could adjust the mission for the rest of the players here.
            Yeah I get what he was going for with it, but holy crap! The mission is so freaking long. We started at 9 PM and ended at 12 AM, but we didn't even go back for extraction, because everyone was tired as hell.

Also, the when you complete the first objective, those effects are crazy. I did not expect that to happen at all. Was that a self-made effect? If so, damn nice job.

Comment

Yeah, the whole mission took us a very long time but it's alot of fun with a good group of dedicated guys.

Yeah BD did a bang up job with it.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Overall Jeepo, I'm impressed with the level of tweaking you've been doing to both Alpha and Bravo of late. Although I can't vouch for Alpha just yet (work has kept me up too late to play with you guys, I fear), the Bravo settings are picture-perfect. I found crosshairs particularly annoying because they are much easier to use than iron/red-dot sights.

I would like to ask that VoN channel/user identification remain active across all difficulty levels, as I find the removal of this visual cue not only distracting but downright annoying.

Comment

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5908

For those that don't like the novice/beginner UI settings. Install that.

As for removing 3rd POV... eh. That pretty much makes vehicles a pain in the ass to use considering that the view from inside the armored vehicles (tanks, APCs) is even MORE limited in-game than it is in real-life. Some positions in certain vehicles will be rendered useless, such as the commander or driver positions on the BTR (for some reason the scopes do not work regardless of pressing "V", "right-click", "spacebar", "wheelscroll", etc). The BMP will be very difficult to use as the interior isn't modeled at all.

Maybe make the above UI mod "highly-suggested" and keep the 3rd person enabled? Can it be enabled solely for vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by Skategodindy View Post
                    Yeah I get what he was going for with it, but holy crap! The mission is so freaking long. We started at 9 PM and ended at 12 AM, but we didn't even go back for extraction, because everyone was tired as hell.
                    Also, the when you complete the first objective, those effects are crazy. I did not expect that to happen at all. Was that a self-made effect? If so, damn nice job.
                    TY sir!

I have a few tweaks I have just made to the mission again, but in the main..it does what I wanted it to do to simulate a behind enemy lines SF mission.

The effects are pretty wild arent they! The only problem with adding the sound effects, intro music etc is that you get a big game file and I am looking at ways to reduce this.. I like mission intro music..I think it sets the tone for the mission.

With regards to Scalar tower and effects, I cannot take credit for that. It's an old OFP script that I tweaked a bit to use in ArmA2... credit is issued in the mission to the authors..
                    It does show what you can do with particle effects quite nicely though...

I will be releasing a TG-22nd Mission pack fairly soon on Armaholic with several missions of varying nature ..unfortunately my relocation back to the UK is getting in the way of quality game time currently...
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Sure, but its worth it for a decent cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1 View Post
                        .. I like mission intro music..I think it sets the tone for the mission.
                        Everyone in the C-130 was bobbing their heads up in down as we were preparing for the mission. It was a nice touch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X