Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2 popularity?

Hey Everyone,

I've been on the TG BF series servers for a few years now, and I dont play anywhere else. I recently downloaded the Arma 2 demo and now I am loving it. I am thinking about buying it tomorrow, but I want to make sure the game is going strong. Do we have a TG Arma 2 server? Is it as busy as the BF servers? Is the game itself going to last, or is it already dying out? Any input is appreciated........ I don't want to spend 40 bucks on a game that no one is playing. My money tree is drying up.......

Brook

Re: ArmA 2 popularity?

"Going strong": well, it's played every night on the TG servers. We average about 15 players a night, 20+ on good nights. Yesterday we hit 32, but it was the first unpassworded night.

It's probably not got as many people online as BF2 even though it's much newer, but in the end it's a bit of a niche game even after all the popularity and advertising it apparently has (though this probably has something to do with the fact that 99% of public servers run some type of everyone-for-himself gamemode, such as Domination, Warfare or Evolution... I wish I was exaggerating). Estimates are about 1000 players online at peak times. The TG population might be kind of low right now as some TGers might be holding out for ACE2 and custom islands. The advantage of TG is that you can be sure people will still be here playing it two years from now...

If you don't want to drop the 40 bucks and don't absolutely have to have to game right now, you could wait for the price drop, maybe even a package deal once the Operation Arrowhead expansion is out. TG will still be here, and you'll get to hop into ACE2 play immediately.

Comment

Welcome to TG Arma2 Brooklynx. Read rhrough our forums and get a feel for how the game is going. WE have two servers, Alpha is passworded and bravo is not. The numbers of gamers varies, because of school starting and other real life things the numbers have dropped as it does in all games. Arma 2 is not without its issues and is on its 3rd patch and more on the way im sure. There are numerous addons to be found on the Armaholic site. We have a lot of great mission makers here so you will see missions here that you wont see elsewhere. We try to keep gameplay at the TG level. Only you can make that decision to buy the game or not. If you do , join us and have some fun.

Comment

Welcome to TG Brooklynx. We currently have 2 servers, Alpha and Bravo which use realistic settings. We have about 20+ players a night. Player numbers have dropped a bit due to school and RL. However, in ArmA player numbers don't mean anything. I have had some of the best gaming moments with only 10 people on. The quality of TG play is excellent and most of the people that play here are devoted to the game and will probaly be around 2 years from now. Some of us here have already been around for 2 years (myself included) so we have a very tight nit community here. We also have events every other week on sundays. These events are huge usally with 40+ people. They are preplanned missions that try to simulate a real military mission.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

ArmA 2 is best when you have the weekend events. Due to perfect organization. Strategy and teamwork.

Comment

Downloading it right now from D2D. See you online in about hour.

Brooklyn

Comment

Awesome job tonight Brooklynx with your squad!

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X