XML application?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML application?

So I was reading the sticky about XML applications and I began wondering "What exactly is this about?"

I read a thread in the SOP's about this, but it also didn't make too much sense as to exactly what this is.

Exactly what does applying for this XML do for the applicant? Do you get to choose what classification you want? Does the applicant need to meet any specific requirements? Is this an honorary thing or is this a "if you want it, just ask" kind of thing? Are these badge, things, a way of showing what you prefer to do and offer a means of identifying others who like to do the same stuff?

Again, I read some SOP about this, but it really didn't help to much with my understanding of the subject. The reason I'm asking is that I would like to apply for the air badge thingy, but I don't know what the rules are (if any) or if I need to fly in a few missions first before I apply. Again, I'm confused, clarification would be appreciated. :)
    sigpic

Re: XML application?

Wearing an XML in game is like wearing the TG tag in your name, only in ArmA we have the capability to add an image to that tag:

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
    You may see players on the servers using the |TG| tag in their name when they play on the server. Players who become regulars quickly ask: may I use the |TG| tag in my name?

Anyone who endorses and practices our playstyle and rulesets may wear the |TG| tag when playing on our or other servers! Bottom line: if you support TacticalGamer for what it is and want to show that support, the |TG| tag is a great way to do it. Many players who love it here choose not to sport the tag in their playername, and that's fine, too, if that's what you prefer. The option is there for you to take or leave.

We love it when people support this community with Supporting Memberships, but it's not required to wear the |TG| tag.

By putting on the |TG| tag, you are representing TG and our style of play - it means that you have read and understood all of the Server Rules and SOP's as well as the other REQUIRED Reading. On the game servers, players who may not be aware of our rules or code of conduct are given warnings before being kicked or banned. TG-tagged players are held to a higher standard, and will not be shown the same patience if they violate the server rules or code of conduct.
    The different badges is just to your preference on what you want to show up on your badge in-game, and it doesn't really mean anything if you pick the grenade badge over the one with the A-10 on it; they both mean the same thing. Go ahead and feel free to apply for one if you wish, though it may take a while since the guys who handle the XML are having real life issues right now.

| |

Comment

Re: XML application?

Ok that makes sense. Thanks Marine for the quick response. I guess that means I'm off to applying, and the guys who handle XML can take as long as they want. RL takes priority over games in any situation.
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X