New Player Looking to Join TG in Some Arma 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player Looking to Join TG in Some Arma 2

Hello guys. I became interested in your group after reading the latest issue of PC Gamer. I am making my way through the sticky posts and guides to new players currently. I would like to introduce myself, you may call me whatever you like, Senator Woofington is kinda of a long name I've had forever. I'm sure I'll create a new callsign.

Anywho, I love tactical games. I love playing with a team who uses proper radio procedure, chain of command etc. So I hope I can play with you guys. My copy of ARMA 2 should be here in about 5 days (shipped from thailand). So in the meantime, other than the sticky'd threads, what all should I know?

Also if I am breaking any rules I am unaware of by posting this thread, please let me know. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Edit: Oh jeez, I just realized, do members of TG need to have served in some sort of military? Cause I haven't... i just find it all fascinating (But am a sissy who is afraid of being shot).

Re: New Player Looking to Join TG in Some Arma 2

Welcome to TG! Reading the stickies is/was a great way to get acclimated to TG. Make sure you soak up as much as you can.

Next step would be to hop on TS and join us for a game. Biggest tip would be to follow you orders perfectly as they come down the chain of command. That will allow you to avoid any interactions with the more short tempered, grouchy players(Like me :)).

You absolutely DO NOT need to have served in a Military, though some have! Check out many of the other TG forums to get a feel of the community.

We have everything from 13 y/o punks, to middle age Physicians!
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Senator Woofington View Post
      Hello guys. I became interested in your group after reading the latest issue of PC Gamer. I am making my way through the sticky posts and guides to new players currently. I would like to introduce myself, you may call me whatever you like, Senator Woofington is kinda of a long name I've had forever. I'm sure I'll create a new callsign.

Anywho, I love tactical games. I love playing with a team who uses proper radio procedure, chain of command etc. So I hope I can play with you guys. My copy of ARMA 2 should be here in about 5 days (shipped from thailand). So in the meantime, other than the sticky'd threads, what all should I know?

Also if I am breaking any rules I am unaware of by posting this thread, please let me know. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Edit: Oh jeez, I just realized, do members of TG need to have served in some sort of military? Cause I haven't... i just find it all fascinating (But am a sissy who is afraid of being shot).
      Read up on the SOPs, respect the chain of command, have fun, and after you learn the ropes, don't be afraid of stepping in to leadership roles.

Also, keep in mind that general play on the TG servers won't be as tightly run as the organized events like the one highlighted in PC Gamer. The pre-planned events run weekly-ish.

Comment

Thanks! Also, do you guys play co-op online, or versus online?

Comment

Both, depending on what the players want. Sometimes its COOP all night long, but more often we bounce back and forth. There are both TvT and COOP missions uploaded to the server.

Comment

Senator sir we could be delighted to have you in our community. Please note our contract of privacy. Anything that happens in TG, stays in TG. Any pleasures of the flesh you may experience Senator sir, will stay within these cyber walls.
            Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
              Senator sir we could be delighted to have you in our community. Please note our contract of privacy. Anything that happens in TG, stays in TG. Any pleasures of the flesh you may experience Senator sir, will stay within these cyber walls.
              Huh?

Comment

I'm... not sure what Carver was talking about, Woofington. It's Saturday, maybe he's drunk.

Regardless, welcome to TG.

Comment

Hey Woof. Saw your post in the SA thread.

Look forward to playing with you soon, I haven't been on a lot since the server got unpassworded but I might hop in for a few rounds in short order.

Comment

Looks like that article gave you guys some major publicity. I also came here after reading the PC Gamer article. I would also like to join in the TG events and arma gaming. I used to play BF2 PR like crazy in a well run team with some guys i served with...but it might be a while before i can play here. My machine is sorely lacking in the "can run Arma2" department....

t

edit: and how should i purchase? Steam, direct download, Retail dvd....?

Comment

Tsailen, its all down to personal preference. no matter how you get the game you will still be able to play on the TG server

Comment

Good way to get started, guys, is to watch for TGU events. They're training missions. Also, it's advisable to contact TGU instructors for more instruction on things. These are for your benefit only, however, and are by no means required. But if you ask me, I'd say it's a good idea. There's a big difference (BIG DIFFERENCE) in what people think they know and what actually works. Even some of us combat vets had to change our tune here and there, and TGU is there to instruct the players on what works and doesn't.

It's a good primer for the fledgeling TG member. Which is precisely what you're asking about anyway. So yeah. If you can't find a TGU instructor, jump on the teamspeak and ask around. SOMEBODY will teach you the basics.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X