GMT Happy Happy Fun Time!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT Happy Happy Fun Time!!!

Soooooooooooooo, what I would really like to acheive in my capacity as an admin is provide support to Eurozone GMT players to ensure that we can have the same level of player numbers and admin love at our USA buddies receive.

With that in mind I am throwing this post out to all eurotime players to tell me what you would like to see to ensure decent play in GMT friendly times.

Please list what you would like to see on or off the server to ensure a good playing experience for you.

I will go first.

Re: GMT Happy Happy Fun Time!!!

Server admins to work on optimizing where possible network speeds for euro players.

Dedicated admin presence when possible starting at 6PM GMT at minimum on the TS admin channel.

Support for more skin diversity (I know the TG Mod is doing this already) with specific map support for UK players who would like to see some blighty uniforms.

GMT centric events starting at 8PM GMT.

Training events undertaken by active or ex real world military (insert country here) personal to train in specific doctrine for that given country if its fun or interesting to undertake. for example range training with the SA80.

Comment

Good to hear HOTMACHINA.
      Looking forward to it.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Sounds like a damn good plan. I'm in.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Id love to play at GMT time so i dont have to stay up till midnight to get a full game
          because its making me angry in the mornings i wish i could
          play from 6pm to abut 11.30
          To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by Hashassin View Post
            Id love to play at GMT time so i dont have to stay up till midnight to get a full game
            because its making me angry in the mornings i wish i could
            play from 6pm to abut 11.30
            but staying up past your bedtime is SOOOOOO cool these days. lolz

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yes me too, it is no problem to stay up late, but would be great if the server was populated from 6pm to midnight like you guys said. And missions playing as Brit, German or Russian would be also great for a change.

Comment

Yeah, GMT is my timezone and playing until 0500 is sometimes too late for me. Since I need to perform my morning ritual of 3 "S"s (minus the 1st S) before I head out to work at 0900hrs or if lucky at 1100hrs. Although, having said this. I got used to sleeping 3~5hrs a day. Less if I'm "lucky"

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

HOTMACHINA in my oppinion you pretty much nailed the things that would make it more Euro-friendly.
                  But something the admins can't do much about is that more euro players should try to play regularly on the server at GMT-friendly times, i would if i wasnt mostly alone :(
                  "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                    Yeah, GMT is my timezone and playing until 0500 is sometimes too late for me. Since I need to perform my morning ritual of 3 "S"s (minus the 1st S) before I head out to work at 0900hrs or if lucky at 1100hrs. Although, having said this. I got used to sleeping 3~5hrs a day. Less if I'm "lucky"
                    How can you skip the first "S"?! Thats just un-american! People have fought wars for that first "S"..........................that was WAY cheesy......rofl

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      How can you skip the first "S"?! Thats just un-american! People have fought wars for that first "S"..........................that was WAY cheesy......rofl
                      I thought it was this the Americans fought wars for (viewers sensitive to political incorrectness, be advised): [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotlEpmAFVQ[/media]

Comment

.................................................. wow......

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Hi Guys,

seeing a more GMT friendly approach to events would be really great. Its the one thing that bothered me about TG was that I had to stay up late at night to play quality missions. Also the weekend event usual lasted well into early monday morning. So I am all go for these Euro events!!!!!! Maybe we can even get some UKF mod up and running.

well thats just my 2 pence worth...thanks for reading

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...