Air Assault School

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Assault School

Again sorry for FLOODING the threads but I have another request. After last nights Ia Drang mission it became aparent to me (after losing a helo) that we should work on Helo insertion/extraction. Is it possible to set up an Air Assault School and maybe get a badge like you get from the BIT?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Air Assault School

I'd like to see some stuff on the more basic battle drills that individual players can use.

Things like reaction to contact, how to board/dismount various vehicles (trucks, APCs, helos), basic methods for target indication, etc. etc.

That kind of stuff is what makes the difference between a "green" squad and a "veteran" squad, if you have to tell someone exactly what to do 99% of the time, you tend to get less organized and cohesive missions as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
      I'd like to see some stuff on the more basic battle drills that individual players can use.

Things like reaction to contact, how to board/dismount various vehicles (trucks, APCs, helos), basic methods for target indication, etc. etc.

That kind of stuff is what makes the difference between a "green" squad and a "veteran" squad, if you have to tell someone exactly what to do 99% of the time, you tend to get less organized and cohesive missions as a result.
      They had a class last weekend that dealt with just that. The Basic Infantry Course. There is also (im told) an Advanced Infantry Course comming up as well. The Basic one was fun and very informative. You might check it out. Also the Air Assault Training would be for the older players that have already done the basics. That was my intent anyway.lol

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Dredge, awesome idea and some flight training never hurt anyone. It just adds another aspect to the game here. If people want to see more basic infantry, then step up to the plate and help out.

Ia drang is perfectly played when the air wing is top notch so I say we push for a flight school. Knowing who attends these will let future commanders know who they can rely on. Heck, maybe we can push to have flight pins created for people to earn and put in their sigs. Let's people know they took the class. Adding more dimension to the community is always good.

Keep the ideas rolling and let's move towards reality with these ideas.

+rep dredge.
        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

[edit]
          I believe most of the above mentioned have been covered in the TG Basic Infantry Class which was held not too long ago.[/edit]

With the exception of reaction to contact, breaking contact drills, convoy drills etc. Which I'm sure it will be included in the Advanced Infantry class. (hint hint TG instructors)

Air Assault would be a great addition as well. Anyone TG members with prior experience in this?
          Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 11-02-2009, 08:57 PM. Reason: Someone beat me to it...

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It was already in el itinerario del clase de infanterķa avanzada.

Air assault.... If you want it step up and set one up.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I think Air Assault would be perfect considering the amount we use these tatics in game. It'd probably be a quick class, but would have to include:

Entering/exiting helos and other aircraft
              Securing a landing zone
              HALO jumping
              Landing under fre
              Use of Helo guns and observer seats
              Fast roping using Carver's awesome new script
              Maybe sum it all up with a mock landing, securing the LZ, then navigating back to a pickup LZ under a time limit. Maybe add in talking the helo down to a safe landing.

I would totally sign up for this class.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Spyder, if you want it PM and admins and post in contact an admin to see if it can be done, you can instruct it, and the admin team can help.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                  Spyder, if you want it PM and admins and post in contact an admin to see if it can be done, you can instruct it, and the admin team can help.
                  I also would like to instruct. I will PM the admin and post as well. If need be I can get a map together. Also where can we get carvers mod?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

One that I have noticed the past few days, is that when people disembark, they try to communicate to the pilot on Direct Chat that they can take-off.

This simply doesn't work, as the Direct VON isn't heard of the spinning rotor blades. I think a Salute in front of the pilot would be much better. If we could all start doing this our egresses will be much better/faster.
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                      One that I have noticed the past few days, is that when people disembark, they try to communicate to the pilot on Direct Chat that they can take-off.

This simply doesn't work, as the Direct VON isn't heard of the spinning rotor blades. I think a Salute in front of the pilot would be much better. If we could all start doing this our egresses will be much better/faster.
                      When I am SL or PL I usually tell the pilot to wait 10 seconds and then go regardless if people are that slow or are having problems then they'll have to wait for a reinforcement flight and get themselves sorted. This allows the ground team to focus on setting up a perimeter and securing the LZ and keeps the choppers on the ground as little as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post

Originally posted by Falcon_262 View Post
                        When I am SL or PL I usually tell the pilot to wait 10 seconds and then go regardless if people are that slow or are having problems then they'll have to wait for a reinforcement flight and get themselves sorted. This allows the ground team to focus on setting up a perimeter and securing the LZ and keeps the choppers on the ground as little as possible.
                        These are the issues that we will discuss/train on when the Air Assault Course is available

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                          Not sure if I'm really qualified to instruct. Aside from never using helo guns I've got 1 HALO jump under my belt.

I'd definitely help out. Maybe a guest instructor spot.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Just for the pilot to tell people they have 15 seconds to disembark and shout loudly when one touches down. If anyone is still aboard after those 15 it's their own fault. Simple and effective :D

Comment

TGU intends on doing an air assault course as well as convoy operations course all rolled into one. Its all been planned out. If you have any other course ideas please PM me.
                              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X