Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New song I wrote: MAJESTIK (can be used on a mission)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New song I wrote: MAJESTIK (can be used on a mission)

.... Today I felt the muse return to me like an overwhelming wave of passion. This song is a throwback to my old Gothic music with a kinda gamer/animae music vibe to it, but it is meant to be soaring, lush, majestic, and romantic.
    I hope ya'all like it.

I give you Majestik:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/Majestik.mp3
    [media]http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/Majestik.mp3[/media]

I recommend listening to it through a good pair of headphones (or good speakers as it has a lot of bass). Also if you use Windows Media Player, make sure the EQ is turned off cuz it screws up the sound badly on this song. Finally, crank it up nice and loud to get the full effect.

I probably will eventually add vocals, but that always takes me the longest and is the most difficult to record as I have to have complete privacy with no distractions and I suck at writing lyrics. Hopefully my "muse" will inspire me some more.
    :)

For the technical geeks, this song was recorded using a Korg Karma workstation keyboard that recorded directly to my computer usiing Cool Edit Pro with no MIDI sequencing, so the notes are not all spot on perfect rythm-wise. However for me that's ok as I prefer to capture a song as its fresh in my mind spontaneously. I hate working a song to death where it sounds stale. Guitars were recorded using a Line 6 Tone Port and its software amp simulators. The guitar used was a Washburn WG-587 seven-string electric. I had alot of fun using the piano for the deep low notes. I'm now a huge fan of using the lower notes of a piano for bass accents in a song arrangement. I learned that from listening to Johnny Cash. :)

The song may be edited only if you use it in missions, which of coarse you are free to use it for.

Perhaps it could be the official TG theme song maybe with a little editing if we don't already have one for TG.

Just curious anyone else on here musicians and/or songwriters?

Chris G.
    aka-Miles Teg<GD>
    Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod
    "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Re: New song I wrote: MAJESTIK (can be used on a mission)

I dabble in the musical arts. lol. I play guitar, drums, and bass. Been playing guitar for about 10 years drums for about 12 and bass off and on during that time. at ft hood i was the drummer in a metal band. www.myspace.com/threeyearswasted its awesome to see musicians on here! :P you just made my day

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Haha that song was crazy, hearing that at the start of a mission would be a little... strange, however. Perhaps lose the harp bit, shorten the entire riff down and it will be more suitable.

Interesting work in any case. :)

Comment

Hey Dredge, I had a feeling that you were a musician. Oddly enough I've found that most good leaders in the Army are...oddly enough....musicians. Well rounded men with a wide range of interests and skills.

Yeah you should totaly get into song-writing. I was in tons of bands back in the 90's. Touring, starving, ****ing, fighting....all the glory stuff. But that got old really quick.
        Not having to deal with drama and being able to hold a day job is kinda nice. :)
        Every soldier I think should learn music cuz God knows soldiers got a lot of **** to express and get out of their system. Why the VA has not been up on that is beyond me. I remember at NTC (29 Palms California) the rec center had a "Music room" with guitars and drums for soldiers to play. I literally hugged the volunteer civy lady there and expressed with her how insanely happy that rec center made me!!!!! I jammed for hours with some kick ass Tejano Mexican/American Army guys playing heavy metal, polka, Tejano, jazz, blues.... we spent ours just jamming until they closed us down and we went to the bowling alley for some mugs of beer (or maybe it was the NCO club...I forget...). If you meet up with any Mexican/American soldiers who are Tejano or Norteno musicans, those guys are total pro and can jam to anything. I worked recording heavy metal bands for years, and I hated doing it until I worked with professional Tejano and Norteno musicians. :) They are class acts and a joy to work with. :)

But even more of a joy is to have your own personal home studio (not expensive these days). I love it! It's my personal refuge..my art studio. :)
        A good way to blow off steam when I'm not blowing off steam on TG or when I need to let out a different sort of emotions.

Rommel, yeah you're spot on about the harp bit at the beginning. I put that there to be a bit of a mindf*ck but yeah its not real good for a mission....unless you want to mindf*ck them. LOL!

Chris G.
        aka-Miles Teg<GD>

sigpic

Comment

myspace.com/ordinancemd
          I do vocals, probably not most peoples cup of tea, technical deathmetal. Also play guitar in a jazz fusion project with a few buddys recently

Comment

you impress me miles!
            sigpic
            excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

Cool, didnt know we had musicians here! i play drums and guitar for at least 10 years now... heavy metal, rock, blues and jazz (or as i define myself, a wannabe jazz guitar player).

And about the song, i really liked it... its the right song, for the right intro... i can feel and see a good intro going on as the music plays... man, if only i could find some time to learn how to script...

Comment

I think that with the new mod pack, I'm going to try and make a mission with the song in it. I used to make epic SP missions back in the OFP days. I just need to learn all the new stuff in mission scripting for ArmA 2 and all the fancy MP scripts.

Nice to see more musicians! Record your stuff! The mo' TG brewed music for missions the better!

Chris. G.
                aka-Milles Teg<GD>

sigpic

Comment

i see myself flying low in the tree tops going in for a SF mission!!! great song!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Nooooo keep the mind****ing harp!

Comment

As for listening, keep the harp. For missions, lose the harp. But that'd be one sad, heroic mission. You can kind of feel death coming, man. You can kinda see the squads loading up in your mind's eye, checking their fields of fire, locking and loading, smoking their last cigarette, waiting for their immenent doom.

Good song, though.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by BarnesBL0278 View Post
                        As for listening, keep the harp. For missions, lose the harp. But that'd be one sad, heroic mission. You can kind of feel death coming, man. You can kinda see the squads loading up in your mind's eye, checking their fields of fire, locking and loading, smoking their last cigarette, waiting for their immenent doom.

Good song, though.
                        .............................um.......wow....that cup half empty there barnes?.....lol....good job of painting the picture though....maybe a new mission is in order....the impossible one....one where everyone dies its just a matter of how long you fight and who was the last to die and if they remembered to turn off the lights on the way out.

Edit:
                        Lost Squad!! OFP..To this day never beat that mission.
                        Last edited by Dredge; 11-04-2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: The Light Just Came On

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hey man. I just tell what I hear, man. But I think a more 'Nam like mission would be good. We should hold off for a 'Nam mod on that. Or at least A1's and tiger stripes. Give it more atmosphere.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Comment

and my only complain t with the song miles is that the cymbal work should either be simpler, or take a seat somewhere quieter in the mix

Comment

woah.. myles is more different that i expected. like, he is like the hippie citizen soldier! <salutes>

myles that is pretty good... oh and of course myles's humor with a little high note right at end! <shame>

i'd like to see what other tunes you got in your bag-o-tunes. I'll be happy to use these and others in missions.
                              Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X