Marksmanship Training Platoon (MTP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marksmanship Training Platoon (MTP)

I saw a few requests on the forums for a decent range and it sparked my interest. GeneralCarver and myself have set up a KDQ course, with a set string of fire. Anyone who's interested in improving your marksmanship, please post here, and I'll see if we can't help you out some. If we get enough posts, then I can run this.

About the course:

The course would be roughly 4 sessions, each about an hour, maybe a little more. It's all shooting, with a little coaching if you need it. Marksmanship in TG is lacking, and this needs to get addressed. You'll fire on targets at 200, 300, and 500 meters, and you'll go through a 60 round course of fire.

200 Yard Line:

The 200 yard line course of fire is broken into two strings of fire. Your first string of fire is a slow fire, in which you'll end up firing a total of 15 shots (5 standing, 5 kneeling, 5 prone). You'll be given five seconds of exposure on each shot.
    The second string of fire will be the rapid fire, which will be 10 shots fired in rapid succession in the kneeling. In the rapid fire, you begin in the standing, and when your target is presented, you drop to the kneeling and fire 10 rounds on the target in 47 seconds. Any shots that you do not get off will be counted against your score.

300 Yard Line:

The 300 yard line course of fire is broken into two strings of fire, much like the 200. The first is again the slow fire, with 10 shots total. Five shots kneeling, five shots prone, 5 second of exposure. This is followed by the 300 yard line rapid fire, which is 10 rounds standing to prone, 47 seconds exposure.

500 Yard Line:

One string of fire, 15 shots slow fire prone. 6 seconds exposure per shot.

Anyway, post here if you're interested. We can fit like 45 people on the ranges, so we're not exactly hurting for space.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Re: Marksmanship Training Platoon (MTP)

Im up for that the best ive manged to hit was
    about 650m as my first time as sniper yesterday
    so yeah id love to become a better marksmen so i
    ll be trusted as the teams sniper.
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

I'm down granted there's a fix for the horrible gun wobble that occurs while kneeling that makes it impossible to hit anything.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

There's no fix. Just gotta make sure your sight allignment is right.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Comment

I'll hop on this.
          |TG|Ghost02
          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

ohhh nice if ya have some extra room id like to comme practice my sniping since i did not do it for like forever so yeah.....

Comment

Im down... i could really use some tips from guys who have some RL experience...

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I'd be interested in this also. But I dont expect to score well until I can get this mouse smoothing stuff worked out.
                  The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Looks like a slightly modified version of USMC KD course of fire - or at least slightly modified compared to the one I'm familiar with. Sounds like a fun thing to try out. :)

Have you guys thought about doing a UD range, like a field-fire type exercise? KD is great for fundamentals, but it's only one piece of the puzzle. Having some good UD ranges would be a great practical application of the skills gained through practice on a KD range - and fun, too. ;)

Comment

We have. :D And it is an USMC course, as Barnes is a Marine.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I would love to take part in this, if there's room.
                          In House Squad: Unaffiliated.
                          In-Game Name: Gull.
                          sigpic Basic Infantry Training 31 October 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            Looks like a slightly modified version of USMC KD course of fire - or at least slightly modified compared to the one I'm familiar with. Sounds like a fun thing to try out. :)

Have you guys thought about doing a UD range, like a field-fire type exercise? KD is great for fundamentals, but it's only one piece of the puzzle. Having some good UD ranges would be a great practical application of the skills gained through practice on a KD range - and fun, too. ;)
                            Very observant. The time limits are modified to suit the game and to make it ridiculously difficult. Expect low scores. As for the extra ten shots, that's to make it three mags of 20, and to give reloads during the rapid fire.

Comment

Why not?Count me in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse