Couple of questions for those in the know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions for those in the know

1. A few times on Bravo I’ve found myself with no real team leader and once I was a cameraman. As a camera man on Ia Drang I hit the lz and noticed the ftl there had their left flank exposed so I just dropped in and covered it launching flares when needed.
    My questions is, the next time I find myself with no real tl, is it sop for me to contact command, explain and wait for orders? Even if I have a tl but he is in *over his head or really just screwing around?

2. Last night on Alpha we tested some maps. On a map restart I found myself in a ft full of ai. Is there a way to switch squad role without disconnecting?
    Cause that dang AI wouldn’t shut up, saying the same thing over and over and over.

3. Tk’ing (blue on Blue) on Bravo. During the Ia Drang on Bravo last night I had some random twit intentionally put 3 into me as I was putting up flares. There couldn’t have been a mistake as when I spun around he was face to face with me. I know as a TG member we hold ourselves to a higher standard, but dangit, I’ve never wanted to headshot someone so bad before. What’s the sop for this? What if there is no elected admin?

4. Voting. Someone please explain the steps for me.

Personal notes:Edit for clarification this pertains to Bravo 99% when locked into a non lead slot. If I ask you if you know what you are doing upon joining my team/squad/etc or me joining yours, don’t take it personally. I know number of names here and expect a level of quality leadership from them, but I don’t know everyone. Those that have had me on their squad know I follow orders, most of the time without question. But don’t expect me to run off after you without orders or at least some sort of comm’s from you. And this pertains mostly to Bravo.

And stop moving me last to a team cause it gives me flashbacks of dodgeball and grade-skool. I may not be ready to lead yet, but come on. :P

(*)by over his head. I mean zero comm with command or team and or no idea what he is doing.IE: random pubber that just wants lonewolf or fly the purty jets.
    Last edited by Marvin; 11-05-2009, 01:31 PM.
    The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Re: Couple of questions for those in the know

I'll try to answer the best I can.

1- A s a camera man you are not supposed be in any fighting and that spot is exclusively to record the missions.

2 - I don't know of any other way to change positions and I think there isn't one.

3 - Report it in the contact a admin forum, or seek one in Team Speak.

4 - Open the chat console and type:

User Commands

#vote missions "Users can vote for the mission selection"
    #vote mission (name) "Users can vote on a particular mission (named) to play"
    #vote kick (name/ID) "Users can vote to kick off an individual"
    #vote restart "Vote to restart the mission"
    #userlist "Displays the list of users on the server (use pgup to scroll up)"
    #vote Admin (name/ID) "Users can vote a admin"

I hope it helps you.

EDIT: Marvin, instead of asking people if they know what they are doing, why don't you step up and take the CO/SL position? If don't want to step up, please don't criticise anyone, or even doubt of their abilities, people are here to have fun and those kind of attitudes tend to ruin it.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Well as far as leadership and bravo goes, it can be difficult, if enough TG members get on and lead it goes well, but la drang was bad last night, after all the slots were picked, ALOT of random pubs joined and started to take slots including some lead slots, and then the amount of TKing from the start was some of the worst Ive seen on the tg servers ever.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

1. Well it was the only open slot on the game and I figured something was better then nothing. But another time I was 2 in an APC and got nothing from my tl. I asked if he needed help, asked for orders, etc. Got nothing useful so I sat there till a random ft came upon us and asked for a ride. Waited for move orders and got none. So I took them where they needed to go.

2. This covers your edit and me asking if they know what they are doing. If I could switch to team lead I would step up. It's no criticism towards anyone. On Alpha I wouldnt ask but on Bravo, it's public. I've only asked this on Bravo, Alpha once but that was trying to figure out who was ai or not. Everyone is new at some point and myself of all ppl would never put someone down. But since I'm locked into a position I cant change if my tl leaves, I have to ask and even help them if I can when they join as lead.
        Trust me man, I leave it at the door. Im here to have fun, learn and I dont run around mucking it up for others.

3.Copy that

4. Thank you.

Comment

No matter what just remember one thing. Bravo is intended to be more of like a "recruitment server" its so people that want to see what we do can have a little taste of the TG community. And alot of people have joined because of the PC Gamer article (myself included) and really want to become a part of the community. Others, however, read the article thought it would be fun then joined and got mad because they cant be the super IM GOING TO LEAD THIS THING AND WIN person. The leadership is picked by the players. Then they get mad because of the mission briefings and when it all starts they just dont care anymore. So, in those cases just have the admin kick them and be done with it. If there isn't an admin post his name in the forum and it will be taken care of. No matter what happens no matter how many times the guy with the machine gun runs into the woodline, gets turned around and trys to mow down your own squad be professional because as an SM you represent the community. So just act accordingly

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Copy that Dredge. I was brought here because of that PCGamer article also. I've read as many of the SOP's here that I can. The main reason I stayed here is because of the structure that I not only read about but experienced in some TG games.

And since I've been under your command a few times, leme ask you.

If you are CO in Bravo.
            I join and realize my tl is just doing what ever he wants with no command contact to either you or his team.
            Would you expect me to contact you and ask for orders?

Cause that is what has happened every time I join Bravo. I dont mind giving help to my tl if he needs it, but him not giving orders or talking period leaves me without orders. And I dont do the whole lonewolf thing unless told to.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
              Copy that Dredge. I was brought here because of that PCGamer article also. I've read as many of the SOP's here that I can. The main reason I stayed here is because of the structure that I not only read about but experienced in some TG games.

And since I've been under your command a few times, leme ask you.

If you are CO in Bravo.
              I join and realize my tl is just doing what ever he wants with no command contact to either you or his team.
              Would you expect me to contact you and ask for orders?

Cause that is what has happened every time I join Bravo. I dont mind giving help to my tl if he needs it, but him not giving orders or talking period leaves me without orders. And I dont do the whole lonewolf thing unless told to.
              I would never authorize anyone to lone wolf it. The only time I have teams run with out the rest of the troops is if it is VERY mission specific (taking out the AA so we can helo in the assault force) As far as a SL/TL not following orders and lone wolfing it that can get him kicked. We don't need that messing with everyone elses game. If I had that problem I would relieve him of command and tell someone to get control of the group and continue the mission. So watch out! If it happens when I am in charge you might have my sights set on you to take over and charge the hill! lol

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

lol, me and my big mouth. I gota learn to just sit down and shut up.
                So what I'm getting is next time I find myself without proper lead on Bravo, I should suck it up and inform command.

Comment

Yeah.
                  "Command, Fireteam X. My SL/TL is doing his own thing."
                  "Fireteam X this is Command. Marvin get those guys together and procede to X. Command Out."
                  And bobs your uncle leadership problem fixed!

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Then thats what to expect from me on Bravo if it happens again.

I'm here to play and and have fun. I just didnt know what to do if I'm on Bravo and not getting orders from my leader, hence me asking them. I guess I will rephrase it to "Leme know if you need help." or "I can help if you need it." and not "Do you know what you're doing". If I dont receive orders from them.

Comment

The cameraman and reporter slots will most likely be removed in the next revision of Ia Drang

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
                        The cameraman and reporter slots will most likely be removed in the next revision of Ia Drang
                        who is going to be re-doing the map? might suggest some stuffz :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Allrighty then. Here is another question.
                          As a FTL/Squad leader can the members under my command see the shift click marker?
                          That sets up a visible waypoint on screen. I know if I double click in group I can set map markers.

And if anyone reads this that was under my command lastnight on Bravo. Sorry for the fail on my part. I take full responsibility. I wasnt expecting my first command to be a 12+ armor let alone on Bravo. I could maybe handle a ft of 5 on foot but all those plus trying to get mounted up lead to overload.

Comment

As of right now it is as realistic as possible, almost an exact replica of the real Ia Drang mission in vietnam.

Also, Marvin, sounds like a hard group to command. I suggest doing INF only missions for a while with maybe 20 people and increase the amount as much as you can with only inf [request to have inf only actually], then move to inf and cars, then inf and armour, then inf and air and armour. After that, you get the hardest type, Inf with air, armour, and SF forces.
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                              And if anyone reads this that was under my command lastnight on Bravo. Sorry for the fail on my part. I take full responsibility. I wasnt expecting my first command to be a 12+ armor let alone on Bravo. I could maybe handle a ft of 5 on foot but all those plus trying to get mounted up lead to overload.
                              Welcome to my world...The world of the LEADER....its hard work but it pays off when the objective is siezed! And dont apologize im sure you did everything you could and thats all anyone can ask of you

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X