Newbie needs some on Procedures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs some on Procedures

Folks. I'm new to TG. I jumped on the Bravo server today for the first time, and quickly became a little confused. Some questions:
    1. As a newbie, what role should I probably select? It automatically set me as a team leader, which didn't seem like a good idea, and I wasn't sure what to switch to, for fear of taking someone's assigned spot. What's the best role?
    2. I started the mission, but found that I was the only one there. Assume I started too early. How do I know when everyone else is going to start; is there a set time or something?
    3. Voice comms. I'm a pilot, so I understand the importance of keeping it short and sweet, and I know things like roger, wilco, copy that, etc. Is it going to be a big deal if I don't have all the lingo right?

Thanks everyone,

James
    GunnySargeCorn
    Aka: James
    Aka: szln6z

Re: Newbie needs some on Procedures

Originally posted by szln6z View Post
    Folks. I'm new to TG. I jumped on the Bravo server today for the first time, and quickly became a little confused. Some questions:
    1. As a newbie, what role should I probably select? It automatically set me as a team leader, which didn't seem like a good idea, and I wasn't sure what to switch to, for fear of taking someone's assigned spot. What's the best role?
    dont worry about the auto slot, it just slots you into the next available slot. If there is no-one in the slot, ask first if there are other people in. but most likely no-one is using
    2. I started the mission, but found that I was the only one there. Assume I started too early. How do I know when everyone else is going to start; is there a set time or something?
    there is no set start time for tg arma. it all depends on when people can play. if your the first one on, dont worry. just play and have some fun. people will join you shortly

3. Voice comms. I'm a pilot, so I understand the importance of keeping it short and sweet, and I know things like roger, wilco, copy that, etc. Is it going to be a big deal if I don't have all the lingo right?

Thanks everyone,

James
    dont worry about not know all the lingo. if you don't understand a word, just ask. most people will tell you what it is

Comment

And if you ever have any questions WHILE you are playing dont wait just ask. Most of the guys that play are very willing to help you out. If you need too you can PM me if you have more questions. But basically jump on have fun and keep your eyes and ears open you will pick up on what we do here in no time. WELCOME TO TG!!

(oh btw....remember to have FUN!) ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Great! Thanks gents.

James
        GunnySargeCorn
        Aka: James
        Aka: szln6z

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse